Monica Louie, Facebook and Instagram Ads Strategist – InnovaBuzz 202
Monica Louie, Facebook and Instagram Ads Strategist
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Monica Louie, Facebook and Instagram Ads strategist and host of the Flourish to 7 Figures Podcast.
Monica works with online entrepreneurs who want a frustration-free Facebook ads experience. She offers a step-by-step, rinse-and-repeat Flourish with Facebook ads program as well as a done-for-you ads management service, and training programs all focused on your audience first, so that your ads can reach them easily and quickly with a high return on your ad spend!
In our discussion, Monica talked to me about:
- Setting ambitious goals and how to make them compelling for you
- The three areas for Ad success
- The importance of understanding your target audience, their pain points, their needs and how you can help them
Kayla Sloan on episode 186 introduced us to Monica.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Dream BIG. Think about all the possibilities of what you can possibly achieve. That is where you can actually get creative as to how to make it happen. @MonicaRLouie on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Monica Louie, Facebook and Instagram Ads Strategist
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Dream BIG. Think about what is possible and how you can make it possible. Think about all the possibilities of what you can possibly achieve. That is where you can actually get creative as to how to make it happen.
- Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you will still be among the stars.
- Life always has its turns and surprises. There will always be things that can help you along that journey and there will, of course, be obstacles but if you try to foresee what those obstacles could be and create a plan around those ahead of time, it will get you better prepared for the journey. Just start going “all in” in building that momentum and it will get you a lot farther than just trying to go the slow, steady, and realistic route.
- Keep your eye on the prize. Begin with the end in mind. Really get a clear vision of what achieving that goal is going to allow for you. Having that compelling reason “WHY”, is important for you to achieve your goal.
- The Three Pillars of a High-Converting Ad Campaign:
- You have to have an amazing offer.
- Get it in front of the right audience.
- The ad has to be eye-catching. It has to grab attention.
- When you think about your user and their experience on Facebook or Instagram, think about what is going to stand out. Think about who they are and how to speak to them in the right way, and then grab their attention with a captivating image or headline.
- The first line of your ad copy should grab attention. Make sure that you are speaking to the right people so that they will want to continue to engage with your ad, click through, and take the action that you want them to take.
- Static image ads work best to drive traffic to a blog post. GIFS work well for lead magnets.
- Take some time to scroll through your news feed and pay attention to what piques your interest. Take those elements and incorporate them into your ads.
- Really put yourself in your avatar’s shoes and think about how you can position your offer in a way that it will help solve one of their problems.
- Create a funnel where you are building that relationship with your target audience. Get in front of people, build up that relationship, and establish the know, like and trust factor.
- Spend your time actively growing your warm audience and building that relationship with people so that they know that when they are ready to take the next step to solve their problem, you have the perfect solution for them.
- You don’t need to have as many conversions in order for your campaign to be a profitable campaign.
- Test and let your ad run for at least 3 to 4 days before making any changes or judgement on whether or not it is performing.
- Instagram as a platform works well for conversion or opt-in campaigns. Facebook works best for driving traffic to a blog post.
Create a funnel where you are building that relationship with your target audience. Get in front of people, build up that relationship, and establish the know, like and trust factor. @MonicaRLouie on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Monica’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Really understanding your target audience and their pain points. Looking at the world through their eyes and figuring out creative ways that you can help them.
- Best thing for new ideas – Reading books and listening to podcasts. Giving myself space to think.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Zoom and Asana
- Keep project / client on track – Using checklists and setting specific deadlines.
- Differentiate – Niching down. Be very specific about who it is you serve and how you serve them.
To Be a Leader
Being an industry leader means sharing your own ideas, so make sure you are taking the time to think of creative ways to explain whatever it is that you teach. That is how you can really set yourself apart.
Monica suggested I interview Christina Nicholson, The Media Maven. So Christina, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Monica Louie.
- Website – Monica Louie
- Twitter – @MonicaRLouie
- Flourish to 7 Figures Podcast
- Flourish with Facebook Ads
Start creating Facebook Ads that convert! Get your FREE Facebook Ads Starter Kit from Monica Louie.
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
Cool things about Monica
- She started her online journey as a personal finance blogger.
- She has been featured in articles and on numerous podcasts including Michael Hyatt, Forbes, The Art of Abundance Podcast, The Do You Even Blog? Podcast, and The Art of Paid Traffic Podcast.
- She holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree from the University of Oregon – Charles H. Lundquist College of Business.
Make sure that you are speaking to the right people so that they will want to continue to engage with your ad, click through, and take that action that you want them to take. @MonicaRLouie on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet