Twila Kaye, Self Awareness and High Performing Teams – InnovaBuzz 182
Twila Kaye, Self-Awareness and High Performing Teams
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Twila Kaye, a self-awareness, relationship and communication expert who helps employees become effective, high performing team members while giving them and their leaders the necessary tools and resources to increase engagement, communication, energy, enthusiasm, collaboration, creativity, and profitability.
In our discussion, Twila talked to me about
- Self-awareness and understanding the “why” behind our behaviour
- Knowing who you are and why you do what you do, and why you don’t do what you don’t do!
- Transforming teams with an understanding of Personality Science
Yann Ilunga on episode 166 introduced us to Twila.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastWe have 100% personal responsibility in our relationships and the dynamics we are creating through other people. Why we all behave the way we do is motive-driven. @TwilaKaye on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Twila Kaye, Certified Relationship and Professional Coach
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- It is not the other person. It is YOU.
- We teach people how to treat us. We teach people how to respond, how to relate with us, and how to communicate with us. We have 100% personal responsibility in our relationships and the dynamics we are creating through other people. Why we all behave the way we do is motive-driven.
- We are who we are. No one can change us and no situation can really change the core of who we are. When you have that understanding of yourself and the other people you are interacting with on a daily basis, you will understand where they are coming from and why they do the things that they do. All of sudden, the best way to interact with one another becomes very clear and can literally change the entire culture and cohesion of your team.
- The Color Code Assessment is a revolutionary tool that is based on innate questions and personality science. It tells you the WHY and not just the WHAT. It is all motive based.
- Some examples of the Color Code Assessment Tool:
- RED – driven by power. Power not in the sense of control and authority but power in the sense of being able to get from point A to point B in the most productive and effective manner possible.
- YELLOW – driven by fun. It means freedom. The freedom and authority to be, to do, and to have what you want.
- BLUE – driven by intimacy and deep, rooted connections. Trust, honesty, integrity, and loyalty all come into play. Their motto is to just do the right thing. They hold themselves in the world to a standard that most of us can’t even comprehend.
- As a leader, understanding the behaviours of the people you are leading, is an incredible benefit for you.
- When you truly understand yourself and your partner, and your partner understands themselves in you, in a much deeper way, acceptance and tolerance become greater in your relationship. It doesn’t mean that there will not be any conflict because as humans, we will always have conflict, but it will allow you the ability to use conflict as a positive force instead of a negative driver.
- When you understand what motivates and drives your behavior then you can make different choices on how you respond and behave.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Twila’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Get out of your own way and get out of your head. We all have the ability to no matter what personality or what type of person we are to be creative, innovative, and visionary.
- Best thing for new ideas – Taking time by myself and just letting my thoughts free flow. Write down ideas without judgment.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Paper and pen.
- Keep project / client on track – Measurement. Start with “mind the gap”. Understand where you are in the very beginning. Be honest and truthful about where you are, where you want to be, what you have to do and the things you need in place to get from where you are to where you want to be.
- Differentiate – Know your story. Truly understand your natural born gifts that you know you were given and that no one else was given, how those gifts have been threaded into your entire life, and be able to communicate that story to people so that they’ll know how different you really are.
To Be a Leader
Know who you are, why do the things you do, and more importantly, why you don’t do what you don’t do, because as a leader, it is never in what you will do, it is always in what you will not do.
Twila suggested I interview one of the folks from Lately, an AI tool to turn your content into social media posts. So Team Lately, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Twila Kaye.
Cool things about Twila
- She started her first business when she was 9 years old.
- She became a professional singer at the age of 13,
- She’s the co-founder of WomanUP Global Movement, a worldwide movement that helps and empowers women to be successful in both their personal and professional life.