Tony D’Urso, The Tony D’Urso Show – InnovaBuzz 213
Tony DUrso, The Tony Durso Show
In this episode, it’s a privilege to have on the InnovaBuzz Podcast as my guest, Tony D’Urso, host of The Tony D’Urso Show on the Voice America Influencers Channel, a speaker, author, and marketing expert.
Tony has written books including Elite Entrepreneurs and The Vision Map, which you can get an electronic copy of from this podcast and he’s also recently partnered with two magazines Influential People and International Fashion Magazine. His show has more than 60K downloads per weekly episode and he is aiming for 100K by end of this year.
In our discussion, Tony talked to me about:
- Podcast marketing, and how to grow your podcast audience
- Tips to profit from your podcast and
- His Vision Mapping process – a powerful tool to achieve what you want
Neal Sperling on episode 200 introduced us to Tony.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastIf you have something that you get up to every day and you are happy to talk about it, podcast it. @TonyDUrso on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Tony D’Urso, Host of The Tony D’Urso Show
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Get a mentor to help you get through the rocks and shoals that are in the way of your business that you may not see.
- You can have a great product or even an OK product but it is not going to sell unless people know that it is there.
- Having a mentor is a magic bullet.
- Go on social media. Look for people people who are putting out wise posts and good information about the subject that you like. Start creating a list of those people who resonate with you and are perfect for your show, and invite them to your show.
- When you get into something that you like, podcasting just flows. It takes a lot of hard work in the beginning but if you put in the work and do the right steps, especially getting a mentor, it gets easier.
- Every single person has his own passion. If you have something that you get up to every day and you are happy to talk about it, podcast it. You don’t have to worry about innovating because every person has a unique way of looking at things. Innovation is automatically there because you are doing something that you like. You’ll end up being different and standing out from the rest because of your unique point of view.
- When you receive emails in your inbox, no matter what it is and if it is something that you wouldn’t mind promoting on your show, don’t delete that email. Send them a reply. Let them know about your show and pitch them.
- Don’t overlook your normal items. Look around the things that you use. If it’s something that resonates with you. Reach out to them.
- Keep pushing. You have to keep promoting your show until someone else does it for you that brings in the bucks. You have to keep marketing your show and pitching for business.
- Just like how you need a map when you go on a journey, the Vision Map™ is a map for you to achieve your vision.
- Your vision – What is your vision? What do you see yourself doing in a couple of years in the future?
- Your purpose – what are you being? What do you do and why do you do it?
- Your long-term objective – What do you see yourself accomplishing?
- Masterplan – strategy and tactical plan
- Things to do – What are you going to do today?
- If an author does an audiobook in his own voice – buy it, get it, read it.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Tony’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Work on your passion and make that unique to your specific preferences.
- Best thing for new ideas – Necessity will require new ideas. You just have to rise above the barriers.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Fiverr
- Keep project / client on track – Using a spreadsheet.
- Differentiate – Do something the way you like to do it and not anyone else’s way. You will find that your product becomes unique that way. Every single person on this earth has a different way of looking at something that they love. Everyone just does it a little different. Do it in a way that resonates with your passion. Love what you do.
To Be a Leader
Read, do, and perform the vision map. If you want to be innovative, if you want to rock in your industry in just a couple of years, that would be the key thing.
Tony suggested I interview Johnathan Colbert of Create Your Holistic Lifestyle. So Johnathan, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Tony D’Urso.
Beat the odds of your business success. Get your FREE copy of The Vision Map™ E-book here!
Cool things about Tony
- He’s Italian. He was born in Sicily and moved to Chicago at 3.
- He started his corporate career when he was 19 years old, put himself through college and got straight A’s in every single class. He graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- Every year, he gives to various Toys for Tots campaigns.