Neal Sperling, World Class Connector – InnovaBuzz 200
Neal Sperling, World Class Connector
In this milestone episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Neal Sperling, World Class Connector and World Class problem solver. Neal is Founder and CEO of a global strategic advisory service who has been privileged to connect with the world’s most recognized authors, entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, political leaders, non-profits, millionaires and billionaires. He provides innovative strategies and solutions to help a wide variety of people to hyper-accelerate the growth and results they would like to achieve for themselves and their organizations.
I suggest you watch Neal’s Vancouver talk, on Youtube and also his interview with Nick Kho. It will give you a good background about Neal. In this episode, I jump right in and explore his strategies and innovative approaches to connecting people, systems and achieving outstanding results.
In our discussion, Neal talked to me about
- Building relationship capital and remembering that every interaction is a human to human interaction
- Removing judgement, letting go of our ego and agendas to become more innovative and
- Beginning with the end in mind and focusing on your goals to keep motivation and momentum high
Jamie Greenberg on episode 117 introduced us to Neal.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastThe things that drive business are people. When you understand the systems of people and how to engage and interact with them successfully, it creates a really powerful opportunity to accelerate success. – Neal Sperling on #InnovaBuzz… Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Neal Sperling, World Class Connector
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Math defines everything and it is a wonderful system to describe things.
- If you get into the mindset of breaking down things, you will see that everything is a system. It is really important to reduce things to the simplest level of complexity. Any obstruction, anything you are looking at, are all comprised of systems and if you start getting in that framework and that mindset, it can open up tremendous opportunities and you can look at the world with greater clarity.
- Clarity is power.
- The things that drive business are people. When you understand the systems of people and how to engage and interact with them successfully, it creates a really powerful opportunity to accelerate success.
- Having empathy allows you to have greater awareness and greater insight.
- No system can operate independently without having a good sequence and no sequence can operate at its best without having a good system.
- Start where you want to be and reverse engineer from there. Sequence it. Figure out which are the most optimal vehicles to get you there and phase the development process. As you look at these different vehicles and the phasing of that, break those down into sub compartments that will give you even greater clarity about where these things could fit and then come up with your strategic plan, being mindful that you also have to be flexible.
- Having the discipline and consistency to do the things that are not as fun, is part of the sacrifice you make to achieve your goal. You have to create balance in your life. If you can’t do it all, schedule it. Be realistic. Make a checklist.
- Take satisfaction in the things that you have accomplished and know that it is moving you towards your goal. It helps a lot to avoid procrastination knowing that you are delaying gratification to get something that you really want to achieve.
- You can’t use technology to the point where you lose sight of your humanity.
- It is all relevant. Your point of view is only part of a larger relativistic approach and position. Be totally open to a 360-degree view of the universe so that you are fully aware of all the options that are available to you.
- Objects in motion tend to stay in motion. Objects at rest tend to stay at rest. To get in motion at the beginning, the easiest way is to do the simplest things.
- Aligning your purpose and your passion gives you insights that feed your ability to show up not only for yourself but for other people in a more powerful way.
- Having some alone time allows you to have a reflectivity that will enable you to have greater connectivity.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Neal’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Neutral thinking. Do not assume that all that you’ve learned throughout your life are probably correct. Divorce your ego and agenda from your goals. Step outside of yourself and take another point of view in the universe.
- Best thing for new ideas – Have the mindset to do exhaustive research and look at who has walked in your shoes. Start from a foundation of what has already been done.
- Favourite tool for innovation – The internet.
- Keep project / client on track – Write things down. It makes it more real, concrete, and more tangible. It’s all about your relationship with your client and commitment to yourself. You can accomplish whatever you want if you are realistic with yourself and not setting the bar too high.
- Differentiate – Really drill down what makes you unique in the world and apply that into your business. If you’re having trouble competing in the market, it’s because you haven’t identified your sole core purpose of why you do what you do, to a degree that it separates you out as being unique. By doing that, you will stand apart.
To Be a Leader
To be a great leader means you have to be someone who is of great service. Never try to impose your beliefs on anybody. Bring out the best in other people.
You can reach out and thank Neal through his website.
Neal suggested I interview Vince Baiera of Step2Bed. So Vince, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Neal Sperling.
- Website – World Class Connections
- Vancouver Talk: How to Think Like a Creative Genius
- Interview with Nick Kho
Neal is always interested to connect with new people and new opportunities. Get in touch with Neal to book a complimentary 30-minutes discovery call.
Cool things about Neal
- His “World Class Connector” brand was attributed to him by five-time international New York Times best-selling author Robert G. Allen.
- He has connected with over 50 billionaires, US Presidents, Academy Award-winning actors, and Nobel Peace Prize winners.
- He holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications from the California State University.