John Bellamy, Direct MSGing – InnovaBuzz 212
John Bellamy, Direct MSGing
In this episode, I’m really excited to welcome back as my guest, John Bellamy of Direct MSGing who is a Marketer, Speaker, a LinkedIn and Direct Response Marketing Guru.
John has been a direct response marketer for 20 years and has helped thousands of small business owners and corporates with their business lead generation – particularly via LinkedIn. Together with his Direct MSGing team, he gets his clients connected to high-value prospects and generating sales conversations that lead to profitable relationships.
In our discussion, John talked to me about:
- Why your LinkedIn profile is the foundation of your LinkedIn marketing and what makes a good profile
- Focusing on your ideal client and building relationships with them on LinkedIn
- Having a repeatable system for marketing on LinkedIn
John previously appeared on episode 19 of the InnovaBuzz Podcast so it’s a really great privilege to catch up.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastSales and marketing is your no. 1 job as a business owner. If you are not out there actively marketing, your business is not going to grow. @TheJohnBellamy on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with John Bellamy of Direct MSGing
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- LinkedIn is a really great way to leverage your business.
- Business people hang out on LinkedIn and their attitude in engaging on Linkedin is completely different from other social media platforms. They are there to network. They are there to do business.
- Sales and marketing is your no. 1 job as a business owner. If you are not out there actively marketing, your business is not going to grow.
- You can have the best idea on the planet but unless you have a solid marketing and sales strategy behind that, no one is going to know about it.
- Sales Navigator helps you get more targeted and accurately pinpoint your ideal future clients.
- Don’t just hit the blue “connect” button. Personalise your message. Create a template that you can copy and paste and insert that person’s first name so that you have a repeatable system that is efficient, innovative and allows you to speak to as many ideal target market as you can.
- Following-up gives you a huge opportunity to get ahead of your competitors. It helps you segment your database and identify quickly those people who are interested in and engaging with your message.
- Your profile is your foundational asset in LinkedIn. Invest in a good profile photo and banner, and create a powerful headline. These are the very first things that people see in your LinkedIn profile and what makes them decide if they like you and if you are trustworthy.
- “Story, segway, sell” is a great framework for a background summary. Sell the reasons why somebody would want to connect with you.
- Your profile is primarily designed to get somebody to connect with you. Secondly, it positions you as an authority.
- A lot of times your prospects are not buying from you because they do not know who you are or that you even exist so getting your profile right is absolutely critical. Leverage your Linkedin profile and use it on other social media assets that you have.
- The long term value of your business is in the accurate data that you keep.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are John’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Have an open mind and be curious.
- Best thing for new ideas – Listening to the marketplace.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Infusionsoft
- Keep project / client on track – Monthly check-in calls, having a solid communication piece between the team and the clients.
- Differentiate – Be authentic. Be YOU. If your focus is to serve everybody, you serve no one. Find your niche and focus on that thing.
To Be a Leader
Focus on one thing. We can all try to do so many different things but just focus on one and give it all your attention.
John suggested I interview Mark Robinson from the International Academy of Wealth. So Mark, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of John Bellamy.
Cool things about John
- He’s been a direct response marketer since 1999.
- He has a huge LinkedIn network of more than 15,000 contacts.
- He holds an MBA in Marketing from the Australian Institute of Business.