Tommy Breedlove, How to Build and Live a Legendary Life – InnovaBuzz 437
Tommy Breedlove, Legendary
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Tommy Breedlove, featured keynote speaker, best-selling author of Legendary, business, career, and mindset coach. Tommy serves clients and audiences everywhere by empowering them to build and live Legendary Lives. He guides people to discover a life of significance while building a lasting legacy. The simple tools he shares show them how to work in their zone of brilliance, obtain financial freedom, and live with meaning and balance. The goal is to help everybody to become the person they’ve always wanted to be.
In our discussion, Tommy talked to me about:
- How to identify your purpose to serve
- Taking care of yourself first to lead others with courage, conviction, and passion
- Building positive habits in a sustainable way
Eric Rogell in episode 407 introduced us to Tommy.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Serve yourself first so you can serve others. In order to lead the best way you can at work and at home, you have to lead yourself first. In order to love the best way you can, you have to love yourself first. @TommyBreedlove on… Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Tommy Breedlove, author of Legendary
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- You don’t have to be rich or famous to be legendary. Being legendary is not about money or fame. Being legendary is all about the impact that you make on this world.
- We were all put on this earth to serve. We all have a purpose.
- Having purpose is all about serving someone else or something bigger than us. Our purpose changes depending on the seasons of our lives.
- We all have a purpose on this earth and it’s up to us to go find it and make sure that we are working on it in some way every single day.
- If your kids are your purpose, you are failing. Your kids are your responsibility! They are yours to love, inspire, and lead. They are yours to serve but they are not your purpose.
- Your purpose lies at the intersection of something that you absolutely love to do, what you’re good at, and something that you believe the world needs.
- Whatever angers you is a core value that you believe in. It is something that you believe that the world needs more of. It’s great place to start in finding your purpose.
- A purpose is something that you would do without getting paid.
- Serve yourself first so you can serve others. In order to lead the best way you can at work and at home, you have to lead yourself first. In order to love the best way you can, you have to love yourself first.
- Physical health is important but you also have to take care of your mental, emotional, and spiritual muscles. This strength on your mental, emotional, and spiritual side, allows you to have more peace of mind, confidence, and courage, to say NO more often, set boundaries, and find happiness and peace without judging or getting caught up in what others think and say. It is being able to live and breathe in your own space, truth, and values so that you can be more successful in business, in life, and in your relationships, but it has to start with YOU.
- You don’t have it all together, but you can work on it every single day to be your best self and do the best that you can.
- The more time you spend focusing on you, the more efficient you will become at work and at home, the more you will laugh, love, and the more you will matter.
- Everybody’s got their own fears, otherwise, we wouldn’t be human.
- You are not alone in your insecurities and fears, but you can unwire anything that tells you you’re not good enough with just a bit of work over a period of time to start believing in other things and start looking for more love, abundance, and happiness as opposed to not being good enough.
- There is nothing you can do about what has happened in the past. The only thing you can do is to learn from it and make a commitment to take one small action to do something different.
- The hard thing in life is that we all live in this giant casino. All the things around us are distracting and addictive. Distractions are part of life and we crave for them. The only thing we can do is to start making good and simple habits to overcome these distractions.
- Think about one small action that you can take tomorrow. You become 40% more efficient if you can make the commitment to do one task at a time.
- You cannot control everything. The only things you can control are your thoughts, actions, attitude, and choices.
- Small positive daily actions pay compounding interest.
- The easiest and fastest way to get unstuck is to eliminate one negative habit immediately and then adding positive wisdom and thoughts in your life.
- Go start now! Nobody is perfect. Life would be super boring if all of us are perfect.
- Sometimes, the most powerful thing you can say is “I don’t know”.
- “The customer is always right.” is the worst thing that ever came out in business. It is not a value. It is not what people need. People need leadership and guidance, and in order to do that, you have to listen to what they are saying, and what they are not saying, and help them come up with the best solution for what they need.
- Confidence and self-esteem are two different things. Confidence is easy but self-esteem is hard. Self-esteem is cultivated. It’s a daily work. It is who you surround yourself with and what you put into your eyes, ears, and heart. It’s a combination of all those that build self-esteem.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Tommy’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Ask for help. Ask the people within your business as well as your customers what you need to do better or what you’re missing. Your people and customers already have your innovation, all you need to do is ask.
- Best thing for new ideas – Develop an inner circle of people I know, love, and trust.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Books and daily passages of wisdom
- Keep project/client on track – Set boundaries, say no, and be prepared to walk away. Hold them accountable for the agreement you make and be upfront with them about your expectations. Listen to what they actually need, to their deepest and darkest desires, and get behind the reason of why they want it.
- Differentiate – Be YOU. Find your zone of brilliance, your authenticity, and your truth. You have a tribe that believes exactly what you believe in. People don’t want shiny objects, they want the truth and authenticity as well as leadership, confidence, and optimism.
To Be a Leader
Follow the light and participate in your own rescue. Whatever you want in your life, go find the nearest mirror that is both the problem and solution. Take away all the negative and keep adding those small things for happiness, success, peace of mind, confidence, courage, and love. Go out and do something different than you did yesterday. Don’t wait for a magic pill or a quick fix. Participate in your own rescue.
You can reach out and thank Tommy through his website.
Tommy suggested we have a conversation with Chris Tuff, author of the Millenial Whisperer, with Trey Taylor, author of A CEO Does Three Things, with entrepreneur and investor Cade Joiner, and with Miha Matlievski of Fail Coach. So Chris, Trey, Cade and Miha, keep an eye on your inboxes for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Tommy Breedlove.
- Legendary: A simple playbook for building and living a legendary life, and being remembered as a legend.
Cool Things About Tommy
- He’s the Founder and Chief Goodness Provider of Choose Goodness.
- He enjoys traveling the world, hiking, and spending quality time with his wife and two dogs.
- He’s a member of the Board of Directors of Spark Corps.
There is nothing you can do about what has happened in the past. The only thing you can do is to learn from it and make a commitment to take one small action to do something different. @TommyBreedlove on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet