Christine Schlonski, Why Sales Is Love and How to Sell from the Heart – InnovaBuzz 436
Christine Schlonski, Heart Sells Academy
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Christine Schlonski, a multi-talented leader in the field of Sales, Mindset, Motivation, and Strategies. She is the Founder of Heart Sells! Academy, Creator of Heart Sells! Members’ Community and the Host of Heart Sells! Podcast. She works with heart-centered, ambitious entrepreneurs who love what they do but do not feel comfortable selling their services and products. She shows them how to sell with ease, grace, confidence while being authentic and feeling great in the process.
In our discussion, Christine talked to me about:
- How sales is love when we focus on service and the transformation
- Why we should work with soulmate clients
- Knowing the perceived value of your products and service
Jamie Greenberg in episode 117 introduced us to Christine.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Christine Schlonski of Heart Sells Academy
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Everything becomes easier when you can embrace sales.
- You will only have a business once you’ve mastered your sales game.
- There is no other way to invite people to work with you without making a sale.
- Everyone has had a bad sales experience in life. Just knowing that will help you understand and embrace sales rather than run away from it.
- Sales is love. You invite a person to work with you because you have something of value that they need. When you invite that person and allow that person to say “yes” so that they can solve their problem, it means you are sharing your love, talents, and gifts, and the more you can share love, the bigger it becomes.
- Understand where the other person is and how your unique talents and experience can help that person.
- If a person is a right fit, you have the obligation to invite them to work with you.
- Sales is adding value to someone’s life and getting paid in exchange for it.
- Money is just an indicator of a person’s commitment. People know that when they purchase something, they have to dedicate their time and money, and show up for themselves.
- Trust yourself that you can deliver and solve your soulmate clients’ problems. If you don’t show up for them and you let them down, they will go to someone else.
- You have an obligation to work with your soulmate clients. You have the obligation to invite them to work with you, and it is their responsibility to decide whether it’s a “yes” or a “no”.
- Be clear on who your soulmate clients are. Be clear on who you are for. It doesn’t mean you are pushing others away. You can serve hundreds, thousands, or everybody, but at the end of the day, your experience, personality, and what you bring to the table are not for everybody.
- You are not made for everybody and that’s fine. You are the solution for your soulmate client but not for everyone.
- As a business owner, you are the boss. You can choose who you work with. Choose someone who puts a smile on your face, who makes you feel full of energy and excitement when working with them.
- Sales doesn’t have to be complicated. You don’t have to make it a dreading experience and force someone into something they don’t want or need, and doesn’t make them happy.
- Your soulmate clients are 100% aligned with you. They feel you, understand you, and what’s even better is that you understand them so you can guide them in a way that really gives them that deep transformation.
- You’ll never need to convince someone when you are really clear about who your soulmate clients are. Your soulmate clients already know you because they might have seen you present or heard you on a podcast. They already have this feeling that they know you, and you can sabotage it by being afraid that you cannot deliver and not trusting yourself.
- It all starts with trusting yourself, because if you don’t trust yourself, your client will feel it.
- Trust yourself that you can help your clients get the results that they want. When you trust yourself well enough to know that you are willing to do whatever it takes to help your client and go the the extra mile if you have to, it gives you a different level of confidence that later on turns into conviction.
- Confidence turns into conviction. Conviction sells. Selling becomes easier when you trust yourself because the other person will feel it. It makes it easier for you to connect, and you don’t have to push or convince them. All you have to do is to hold that space so that they can decide if they want to step into it or not.
- Never let an invitation slip away. If they are your soulmates, you have to invite them at a certain point so they can make a decision. Trust yourself and trust your soulmate client that they have what it takes to make a decision for themselves.
- It all starts with you. If you cannot trust yourself, you cannot expect others to trust you. If you don’t appreciate yourself, you cannot expect other to appreciate you. If you don’t love yourself, you cannot expect someone to really love you.
- Entrepreneurship is the best personal development tool.
- Trusting yourself and having that conviction that you have what your soulmate client needs is the most important step. Because then, you will know that selling doesn’t have to be slimy or sleazy. You just need to present your offer, open that space, invite your soulmate, and trust that they have everything in their power to make the best decision for them.
- Clients don’t invest in you as an entrepreneur. They invest in themselves and they are willing to pay the price of the perceived value.
- Think about what is the perceived value of what you deliver. You could have an amazing product at a high investment but if the perceived value is very low, you will always struggle with getting someone to pay your high price. Having a look at what you deliver and what it’s worth to your clients are keys to decide if your pricing is correct.
- Getting clear on your soulmate clients and what kind of pain you solve for them determines how big is the perceived value that they have.
- Go deeper into the pain of your soulmate clients. There is always another pain underneath it. If you can discover that and help them with that, you can make a better offer that will really match your client and you can be sure that you are the person who can serve them best.
Sales is love. You invite a person to work with you because you have something of value that they need. You are sharing your love, talents, and gifts, and the more you can share love, the bigger it becomes. @NewSalesMindset on… Click To Tweet
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Christine’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Be clear about your soulmate client and understand that as you grow, your soulmate client changes too. Look at where you can be at the cutting edge and sell from the heart.
- Best thing for new ideas – Talking to my soulmate clients and really understanding them.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Zoom and Pic Monkey
- Keep project/client on track – Understand the responsibilities. Trust that your client is a strong person and they have everything they need. Ask them how they want to be kept on track.
- Differentiate – Understand who you are. Focus on who you are, the value that you bring to the table, and on serving your soulmate clients.
To Be a Leader
Take a minute to really listen to your heart. Listen to what it is that really makes you happy – what makes your heart sing? Time passes way too fast, so stop dreaming and act now.
You can reach out and thank Christine through her website.
Christine suggested we have a conversation with Bob Burg, co-author of the Go Giver series. So Bob, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Christine Schlonski.
Get inspiration and motivation to sell more and from your heart! Sign up here and get access to Heart Sells! Empowerment Notes.
Cool Things About Christine
- She’s a Former Sales Director with a depth of experience in selling high-ticket events to CEO’s, GM’s and owners of companies globally.
- She speaks English, French, and Spanish.
- She loves to travel. Some of her adventures include sky diving, hiking, mountain climbing, and sailing.
Take a minute to really listen to your heart. Listen to what is it that really makes you happy – what makes your heart sing? Time passes way too fast, so stop dreaming and act now. @NewSalesMindset on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet