Tim Redmond, Leadership begins with Leading Self – InnovaBuzz 527
Tim Redmond, Redmond Growth Consulting
Our guest in this episode is Tim Redmond, CEO of Redmond Growth Consulting, an organization designed to help you grow your profits, grow your business and grow your life through Tim’s innovative coaching process. With his extensive business experience, Tim and his team will bring you through a process to significantly develop your marketing, lead generation, closure rates, cash flow, leadership, decision-making, team-building skills. He is the accountability partner who will keep you focused on your highest and best use. You and your profits will grow and your business will be a powerful venue to live your purpose.
In our conversation Tim talked to me about
- Redefining wealth as a creative process of building value by serving other people
- Your business should be serving you and you do that by serving your client and employees
- Leadership begins by leading yourself. It’s a moment by moment management of your emotional state.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastLeadership is a moment by moment management of your emotional state. @TimRedmond on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Tim Redmond of Redmond Growth Consulting
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Having a healthy relationship with money is at the core of entrepreneurship.
- A new definition of wealth – a creative process of building products and services of value to serve other people. The more you serve, the more “traditional” wealth you’ll attract.
- Systems allow a predictable cadence within your business. This enables you to use your creativity on hard to solve problems.
- Your business should be serving you – the owner rather than you serving your business. People in the business are there to serve the customers.
- Leadership begins with learning to lead yourself. John Maxwell says everything rises and falls with leadership.
- Leadership is a moment by moment management of your emotional state.
- Leadership is about looking at yourself differently – increasing your choices.
- Confidence comes by having the courage to go forward on your commitment, even if you need to do it afraid.
- Leaders create an environment to which their people respond.
- You can change your state by changing your physiology (e.g. smile) and change your language.
- The sound of progress is the clashing of ideas.
- Have a compelling way to get your dream client’s attention – when you can address their pain accurately and empathetically, you’ll catch their attention.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Tim’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Remove options: if I can’t do it this way, how else can I do this.
- Best thing for new ideas – Look at how people sell ideas; read novels.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Team conversations and creative clashing of ideas. Reading with others and discussion about the book.
- Keep project/client on track – Engage the client to create solutions, invite them to co-own the relationship.
- Differentiate – Be super clear about the exact and specific pain your dream client has and how you solve that. Widen your reach by narrowing your focus.
Dream big. Take the next small step with massive boldness.
You can reach out and thank Tim through their website. Mention this podcast to connect with Tim and take advantage of his generous offer of your very own growth plan.
- Website – Redmond Growth
- Twitter – @TimRedmond
Cool Things About Tim
- Tim’s leadership maxims have been featured in John Maxwell’s 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.
- Tim has also worked with Dr. John Maxwell and the Equip team to train hundreds of leaders in Bogota, Colombia.