Seth Silvers, Podcasting and Purposeful Storytelling – InnovaBuzz 537
Seth Silvers, Story On Media
Our guest in this episode is Seth Silvers, Founder and CEO of Story On Media & Marketing, who help businesses increase revenue through strategic, story-focused marketing. Seth is host of the Small Business Storytellers podcast and his new podcast “The Business”, which is being launched this year as a 10,000 piece NFT collection. Story On helps coaches and consultants become known in their niche through podcasting.
In our conversation Seth talked to me about
- Purposeful storytelling putting our customer at the centre
- Why podcasting is such an engaging and intimate medium
- Novel uses of NFTs as digital access cards
Franklin Taggart in episode 507 introduced us to Seth.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Seth Silvers, Story On Media
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Every story does NOT need to be a big epic. At the same time every story can be purposeful and have impact.
- You can have a lot more impact if you do one thing exceptionally well and focus on that, rather than doing many different things.
- Podcasting is a wonderful and impactful way for businesses to tell stories and connect with their audience.
- People want to know the context behind a business, they want to know more about the inner workings behind a business and see that journey, all the ups and downs.
- Podcast listeners are intentional – they’ve chosen to listen. It’s a great medium to build a relationship with listeners and build community.
- NFT’s (Non-fungible tokens) are authenticated digital collectibles. Each one is unique through the transparency of blockchain technology. Think of them as digital access cards that can’t be counterfeited.
- These digital access cards can provide a unique way to engage your super fans and provide them additional value and know who your super fans are.
People want to know the context behind a business, they want to know more about the inner workings behind a business and see that journey, all the ups and downs. @SethSilvers on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Seth’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Trust yourself and trust your ideas. Be willing to fail, most importantly take action.
- Best thing for new ideas – The practice of journaling. Write down ideas and get them out of your head.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Making notes, my iPhone. Notion and G-Suite.
- Keep project/client on track – Listen to them. Find out what they really want and need and if we are aligned.
- Differentiate – Incorporate your story.
Pay attention to the idea that you are scared of or that makes you nervous. Spend some time thinking about that idea and write or journal about it. Maybe you’re supposed to pursue it, maybe just process it for additional information. There’s a reason you’re nervous about that idea and it’s important to get to the bottom of that reason.
You can reach out and thank Seth through the Success with Stories website.
Seth suggested we have a conversation with Carlos Diaz, founder of Uncut.fm on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
- Website – Success with Stories
- Podcast – The Small Business Storytellers
- Instagram – @SethSilvers
- Twitter – @SethSilvers
Cool Things About Seth
- His first business was re-selling shell necklaces to raise money to build a treehouse, as a young child.
- Seth discovered the power of storytelling when he co-founded a not-for-profit organization while still at high school.
Pay attention to the idea that you are scared of or that makes you nervous. Trust yourself and trust your ideas. Be willing to fail, most importantly take action. @SethSilvers on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
If you’d like a peek behind the curtain, of this show, go to innovabiz.co/flywheel – there you’ll be able to get your very own Digital Token which will give you membership of the Flywheel Nation Community, where you’ll have direct access to our amazing podcast guests, as well as a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. We have minted just 30 copies of this digital token so get in quick before they’re snapped up!