Chandler Walker, Creating a Culture of Care – InnovaBuzz 538
Chandler Walker, Compassion Conversations Sales System
Our guest in this episode is Chandler Walker, founder of Stone Age Fuel. Chandler started his entrepreneurial journey with a brick-and-mortar wellness facility. He then pivoted to an online health practice a year before the COVID lockdowns.
After scaling both businesses to the 7 figure level and doing 3000-4000 sales consultations, Chandler was frustrated with the way the sales process was taught. He was tired of the old-school objection handling, aggressive tactics, and salesy attitude taught by most sales trainers. So he looked back at what he was doing, combed through his notes, and created Compassion Conversations, a therapeutic-driven, psychological-based sales system centred around compassion and care.
Chandler has taught over 3000 people his system of Compassion Conversations and has the goal to change and redefine the landscape of sales altogether.
In our conversation Chandler talked to me about
- What he means by Compassion Conversations;
- Empathetic communication and the model of the challenging leader;
- Creating a Culture of Care.
Listen to the podcast to find out more
Listen to the PodcastCommunication should be the number one leadership skill set. @ChandlerSAF on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Chandler Walker, Compassion Conversations
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- A leader needs to have a vision and be able to communicate that vision to their staff in a way that inspires them.
- Communication should be the number one leadership skill set.
- Keep the vision alive and vibrant and showcase how people are living that vision and culture.
- Compassion Conversations are just that – empathetic conversations with another human; building connection and understanding. It requires removing your ego from the equation.
- Highest level (level 5) listening leads to real, authentic conversations with other people. You need to “see” their world, without living in it.
- In those conversations be insatiably curious to go deeper. Use reflective listening to confirm what you heard.
- In order to achieve true leadership, you have to challenge people sometimes. In conversations, challenge the uncertainty.
- The only thing people will remember about your relationship is how you made them feel.
- The sales pitch should include exactly what the potential customer said they want, in the conversation – nothing more, nothing less.
- If you detach yourself from the outcome of a conversation, it’s more likely to lead to success.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Chandler’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Fail forward. The more you learn from failure and then act on those learnings, the more innovative you’ll be.
- Best thing for new ideas – Thinking time, moving into a different environment. Allow space, write and explore ideas.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Google Docs to capture ideas and thoughts from anywhere.
- Keep project/client on track – Holding them accountable in a pro-active way, aligned with their journey.
- Differentiate – Have a specific mechanism behind what you do.
Transform sales from being a process, with a script, to just being yourself, being inquisitive and having conversations with other people. Remove your attachment to any outcome.
You can reach out and thank Chandler through his Instagram profile.
- Website – Chans Logic
- Website – Culture of Care Sales Process
- Podcast – ChansLogic Culture of Care
- Instagram – @chandler_saf
- Youtube Channel
- Twitter – @ChandlerSAF
Cool Things About Chandler
- Chandler has been podcasting since 2013
- His university education is in Biology, emphasizing cell and molecular biology and biochemistry
- He’s been practicing Jiu-Jitsu for over ten years
If you’d like a peek behind the curtain, of this show, go to innovabiz.co/flywheel – there you’ll be able to get your very own Digital Token which will give you membership of the Flywheel Nation Community, where you’ll have direct access to our amazing podcast guests, as well as a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. We have minted just 30 copies of this digital token so get in quick before they’re snapped up!