Roger Salam, The Power of Masterminds and Inevitability Thinking – InnovaBuzz 313
Roger Salam, The Winner’s Circle
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Roger Salam, who is the founder and chairman of The Winner’s Circle (TWC), the largest, most respected Mastermind Forum for top Speakers and Information & Internet Marketers. Roger is also an award-winning inspirational speaker, best-selling author of several books & courses on Personal Development, Sales & Marketing, and Real Estate Investing.
For most of the 90s, Roger served as a Professional Speaker and Trainer with the world-renowned motivational speaker and peak performance coach Tony Robbins. Roger believes that if you want to achieve more success from your business and personal goals, then the key is to surround yourself with other top achievers.
In our discussion, Roger talked to me about:
- How to run a mastermind using structure, processes, and boundaries to enable breakthroughs to happen
- The importance of focusing first on relationship capital
- Inevitability thinking as a means to get what you want.
Neal Sperling in episode 200 introduced us to Roger.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastInevitability thinking means that anything you want is inevitable. It's a foregone conclusion because you have set conditions along the way for it to happen. @W_RogerSalam on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Roger Salam of The Winner’s Circle
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- To succeed in anything that you want in life, find someone who has already achieved that and model them.
- Inevitability thinking is the most powerful form of thinking. Inevitability thinking means that anything you want is inevitable. It’s a foregone conclusion because you have set conditions along the way for it to happen.
- Always look for the silver bullet. Look for the fastest way to success.
- Know what it is that you want. Be clear about your goals. If you don’t have clarity and you don’t know what you want, it doesn’t matter.
- A mastermind is when two or more people get together in the spirit of harmony and cooperation. It’s collective wisdom.
- Any person who has achieved great success either consciously or unconsciously applied the principle of a mastermind.
- Great power can be achieved with no other principle but a mastermind.
- If you copy from one, that is plagiarism. If you copy from ten, it’s research.
- The ABC’s of a Mastermind
- Access – to other successful people. It’s not what you know. It’s who you know.
- Best Practices – learn from successful people how they achieved their results and accelerate your way towards it.
- Community of like-minded people
- A mastermind gives accelerated results. You can get anything you want on your own but if you want the same thing faster, stronger, and better, you will get it through the power of a mastermind.
- Who you associate with and listen to will determine your destiny.
- None of us is as smart as all of us.
- Three main reasons why you should join a mastermind: Solve problems, share resources, and find new opportunities.
- A mastermind needs to have a structure in order for great things to happen consistently for the majority of its participants. It needs to have a process. It needs to have boundaries. You need all those things in your mastermind in order for breakthroughs to happen.
- Advanced thinking that is beyond positive thinking is the concept of inevitability thinking. Inevitability thinking is the thinking that makes an outcome inevitable.
- When setting up a goal, think about the smaller milestones along the way. A big milestone always has smaller milestones. It is nothing without those smaller milestones. Go and do those smaller milestones, and before you know it, you have already achieved your bigger milestone. It’s inevitable.
- It’s OK to still have butterflies. If you no longer have butterflies, it means that you don’t care anymore.
- Don’t measure your success by the fruits you create but by the seeds that you plant.
- Your number one goal when you come into a mastermind should be to build relationships.
- The less you talk about business and the more you have fun, the more business you end up doing.
- The greatest gift you can give to anyone is your true authentic self.
- Always aim to create an exceptional and unforgettable experience for people. Really satisfy them so that they keep coming back.
- Relationship capital is more powerful than financial capital.
- There is nothing better than referrals and word of mouth. However, if you don’t have a predictable and consistent lead generation flow, you don’t have a business.
- When you have a system that is not just consistent but also predictable, it is scalable.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Roger’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Read and do something that has nothing to do with your chosen profession. Innovation happens when you cross-pollinate.
- Best thing for new ideas – My mastermind.
- Favourite tool for innovation – LinkedIn, Blinkist
- Keep project/client on track – Accountability. Powerplay – think about what you can do in the next 30, 60, and 90 days that will produce results, and apply the PPP Principle (Pain Pleasure Principle).
- Differentiate – Be your authentic self. Be inspired to create not imitate.
You can reach out and thank Roger through his website.
Roger suggested I interview David Goldsmith, author of Paid to Think. So David, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Roger Salam.
Get access to Roger’s FREE Gifts here.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement by Tony Robbins
- Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
- Paid to Think: A Leader’s Toolkit for Redefining Your Future by David Goldsmith
- Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim S. Grover
- Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers, and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets by Al Ramadan
Cool Things About Roger
- He’s known as the joint venture king.
- He’s been listed in America’s Premiere Experts and the recipient of the “Thought Leader of The Year” award by the National Academy of Best-Selling Authors.
- He has delivered over 9700 professional talks to various corporations, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions in North America, Europe, and Asia.