Jody Glidden, How to Maximize Customer Retention and Growth – InnovaBuzz 555
Jody Glidden, Introhive
Our guest in this episode is Jody Glidden, the founder and CEO of Introhive. Founded in 2012, Introhive is the fastest growing B2B revenue acceleration system. The company was recently recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 50 and Fast 500 Awards programs and was named the MarTech 2020 Breakthrough Award winner for Best CRM Innovation. Jody has been involved in founding and building five companies and has successfully exited three of them.
In our conversation Jody talked to me about
- How Introhive uses data to help companies improve sales via relationships
- Why retention of existing customers should be every business’ number one priority
- How to supercharge outbound marketing
Listen to the Podcast
Retention of existing customers should be your #1 priority. After that, look for opportunities to serve existing customers more. ONLY after that, spend time on acquiring new customers. @jodyglidden on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Jody Glidden, Introhive
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Introhive is an AI powered CRM software as a service platform that helps companies improve their sales by making sense of huge amounts of data. The focus on relationships with existing customers is a key aspect of Intra Hive’s business model.
- Without recording all the correct data, any CRM system is of limited value.
- Retention of existing customers should be your #1 priority. After that, look for opportunities to serve existing customers more. ONLY after that, spend time on acquiring new customers.
- New customers are difficult to acquire. It is important to focus on your existing customers to maintain the relationships and build up a referral network.
- Transparency of data in a CRM system is critical for an organization to make good use of the data.
- Account managers who involve multiple people in both the supplier and the customer organization are more likely to build relationships successfully.
- Patience and perseverance are keys when starting a business.
- Companies working with data need to really understand data protection – both legal requirements and ethical considerations.
- Relationships and introductions are the easiest way to initiate a conversation with potential customer organizations.
- Without relationships, outbound marketing is largely ineffective and inefficient.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Jody’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Reading fiction books.
- Best thing for new ideas – Keep track of ideas I have, write them down.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Reddit technology, biotech and science forums.
- Keep project/client on track – Assign accountability to specific people.
- Differentiate – Decide how you want to be differentiated, what you want to be known for.
Check out Introhive if you are a mid size or large size company and start the conversation to find out if there is a fit.
You can reach out and thank Jody through the Introhive website or Twitter.
Cool Things About Jody
- Jody is a keen snowboarder.
- Jody wrote and sold software when he was still in high school.
If you’d like a peek behind the curtain, of this show, go to innovabiz.co/flywheel – there you’ll be able to get your very own Digital Token which will give you membership of the Flywheel Nation Community, where you’ll have direct access to our amazing podcast guests, as well as a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. We have minted just 30 copies of this digital token so get in quick before they’re snapped up!