Dave Blanchard, The Habit Finder – InnovaBuzz 146
Dave Blanchard, The Habit Finder
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Dave Blanchard, CEO of the Og Mandino Group. Dave is also an inspirational speaker, author, and coach. He works with people helping them take control of their thought process and their goals in business and their personal lives.
Dave has a background in sales, management, real estate, TV and film, and not runs the Og Mandino company, that teaches the lessons of Og’s famous book “The Greatest Salesman in the World”, carrying Og’s mission into the 21st century.
In our discussion, Dave talked to me about:
- How our own experiences, both good AND bad, can be used in a way to empathize and connect with others, in a way that we can serve them;
- Making sure that you are coming from a burning desire to serve, to change lives and make a difference will guarantee success;
- AND how a film-making career led Dave to become the CEO of the Og Mandino Company
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastPainful experiences are our greatest asset. They have uniquely prepared us to serve. @TheOgGroup Dave Blanchard on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Dave Blanchard, The Habit Finder
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Dave’s mission is helping people find their habits of thinking that are strengths and their habits of thinking that are sabotaging their lives.
- We all have wounds. Your character is forged at the furnace of adversity. You know what pain feels like and you can’t take it back, but you can choose to use it as a rich resource to better understand what somebody else is going through. If you use it that way, there will finally be a purpose in that suffering, joy in your journey, and much needed healing in your soul.
- Painful experiences are our greatest asset. They have uniquely prepared us to serve. If you use those experiences as a resource and not as a burden, you will hear things that nobody else hears. You will see things that nobody else sees. You will ask questions that nobody dared ask, and it will make a difference!
- When you are paying attention, there is no fear.
- Make sure that you are coming from a burning desire to make a difference in the lives of people and not the desire to be rich and famous.
- If you are writing a book to sell a million copies, you are in trouble. If you are writing a book to change somebody’s life and you are speaking to their soul, you will write a best-seller.
- If you want to be inspired and write things that are inspiring, write everyday.
- Create an organisation for millennials that fosters their gifting. Millennials are not order-takers. They want to participate in the process. They want to be contributing and they want to make profit with a purpose. They are looking for meaning. They are looking for something that is substitutive in the process. They want to do something that matters. Keep them engaged and you will have a loyal person because you are honouring their gifting.
- The Habit Finder is an assessment that reveals our habits of thinking that are driving success or failure in our lives.
- We can’t keep driving just for the bottom line profit at the expense of the people because it is the people that create the profit. When they feel valued, their wall comes down, and their cooperation and energy fly about.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Dave’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Be in touch with your creative thought process and learn how to use it constructively to get inspired ideas. Passion drives our actions.
- Best thing for new ideas – Surrender my own. Let go of the need to be right and look for the good in everybody else’s idea.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Make a decision. To decide means to cut off. Actions follow decisions. Get into the habit of making non-neogtiable, absolute decisions.
- Keep project / client on track – Step into the client’s world and really listen and help them find they WHY and make it measurable.
- Differentiate – Og Mandino said, “I will put my differences on display. I will stop trying to be like everybody else”. Hone your uniqueness and bring it to display. Don’t try to be like everybody else.
To Be a Leader
Lead by example. It is critical for a leader to be solid from the core out. You can’t be living a secret private life of really bad habits and lead people. People could feel it. It starts with the inside. Create a better version of you and encourage everybody else to follow you.
Dave suggested I interview Jason Sisneros, a public speaker, philanthropist, and Founder of AntonJae Global. So Jason, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Dave Blanchard.
- The Greatest Salesman in the World
- Today I Begin A New Life – Og Mandino for the 21st Century
- The Observer’s Chair – Healing Self-Esteem
Cool things about Dave
- Dave prizes one thing above all else and that is Ramona, his sweetheart of 41 years. They have raised 7 children and currently have 27 grandchildren.
- He has delivered over five hundred speeches everywhere from Boston to Budapest—literally.
- In addition to The Habit Finder™, he also created the Intentional Creation Assessment, and the InterviewIC Assessment, which is used by companies during their hiring processes.