Victor Ahipene, Public Speaking Secrets – InnovaBuzz 147
Victor Ahipene, Public Speaking Secrets
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Victor Ahipene, who is an Entrepreneur, Speaker, Author, Podcaster and Trainer. Victor helps business owners, corporate executives and health professionals all over the world share their message to a larger audience by becoming Powerful Confident Public Speakers.
In his podcast “Public Speaking Secrets”, Victor shares on quick tips on each episode, to improve your public speaking. His philosophy is that Public Speaking is like riding a bike – it can be learnt, and once you know how, it will become second nature.
In our discussion, Victor talked to me about
- The importance of focusing on just ONE take-away in each speech, to make it memorable.
- How to use stories to reinforce your message
- and knowing your audience, who they are and also, where they are on their journey;
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastPublic speaking is like riding a bicycle. It is a skill that can be learnt and can be developed. @PublicSSpodcast Victor Ahipene on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Victor Ahipene, Public Speaking Secrets
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- There is a big difference between being confident and outgoing and being a captivating speaker.
- Public speaking is like riding a bicycle. It is a skill that can be learnt and can be developed.
- You’ve been asked to speak because you are an expert. Don’t waste people’s time by reading an essay. You are there to present. You are there to deliver an emotional, motivational, inspirational, and informative presentation. If you are an expert in that space, you should know what you are talking about.
- Start with a story. It doesn’t have to be about you. If it is about you, then don’t make it about you. Just use it as a reference point and make sure that your story is crafted in a way that you are not giving unnecessary information.
- People don’t care about what you are GOING TO talk about. They care about what you ARE talking about.
- At the end of every talk, you should have a really strong call to action so people know what their next steps are.
- People get more value out of your talk if you teach them a lot more of the WHY and less of the HOW.
- If you can speak impromptu well, then speaking about something you are an expert on becomes just second nature.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Victor’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Look at other industries. Innovation comes from looking outside the box.
- Best thing for new ideas – Networking. Meeting new people.
- Favourite tool for innovation – App Detox.
- Keep project / client on track – Online training. Creating a community movement and having an accountability partner within the group.
- Differentiate – Be polarizing and be consistent with it, and consistent with you.
To Be a Leader
Be comfortable with positioning yourself. Understand that you are an expert. To be a true leader you have to get out in front of as many people as possible. Learn marketing. You don’t have to be the most skilled or knowledgeable leader, but if you can have an impact on a hundred people more than the person who knows more than you, you are going to have more of an impact as a leader.
Victor suggested I interview Daniel Flynn, Co-Founder and Managing Director of ThankYou. So Daniel, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Victor Ahipene.
- Website – Victor Ahipene
- The Public Speaking Blueprint
- Public Speaking Secrets Podcast
- Twitter – @PublicSSPodcast
- App Detox
Cool things about Victor
- He is the host of the Youngpreneurs Podcast which launched to #1 in 6 different countries and currently sits at the top of the What’s Hot in Business Podcasts on iTunes in multiple countries.
- He’s a trained physiotherapist.
- Aside from the Public Speaking Blueprint, he also created the Private Practice Success Club, which is a proven system that practice owners can use to fill up their books and grow their business on demand