Your Ideal Client with Dr. Jürgen Strauss on The Tony Durso Show
“Marketing is about building relationships with people we serve. Marketing is about enabling people to achieve and excel. It’s about working with people.”
In business, it’s really important to understand who the ideal client is, what their needs are, and what drives those needs.
It was a great privilege to be a guest on The Tony Durso Show on the Voice of America Influencers Channel to talk about making marketing human again and really getting to know your ideal client.
The Tony Durso Show is dedicated to helping people turn their vision into reality with great advice and insights from some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs.
Tony was our guest in episode 213 of the InnovaBuzz Podcast.
Here are some of the takeaways from the interview.
- You need to pay attention to what is going on in the marketplace. You have to really understand what is it that you are doing for your clients in terms of the experience you are providing them.
- Mistakes are great lessons.
- There is no such thing as “can’t”. There is only “I don’t know how to do it right now”.
- Your business is there to serve you.
- It’s really important to understand who your ideal client is, what their needs are, and what drives those needs.
- Defining your ideal client avatar is more than just the demographics. What is even more important is the psychographics – what drives them, what do they believe in, the things that frustrate them, their dreams and aspirations, and what their purpose in life is. You need to really be comfortable in digging deeper into those things.
- Start off with who your best and favourite client is and “clone” that client as an exercise in building an ideal client profile, then keep adding new information as you learn more about them. Think about the things they want to achieve and match what you do to enable them achieve that.
- Narrowing your focus helps you get clearer on the people who you can help and it will actually grow your business because everything that you do from there on is consistent with your overall business purpose.
- It’s OK to miss opportunities! Working with people who aren’t a good match for your business will actually cost you more energy because they are outside your zone of excellence. More so, it takes time away from people who are in your zone of excellence and where you are a really good match.
- Marketing is about building relationships with the people we serve. Marketing is about enabling people to achieve and excel. It is about working with people.
- Your ideal client is a person and so, human to human interaction is important. You need to have empathy with your client to know what drives them.