Zach Moreno, Squadcast – InnovaBuzz 184
Zach Moreno, Squadcast
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Zach Moreno, co-founder of SquadCast, a service that helps people collaborate and record content together from anywhere in the world.
SquadCast allows professional podcasters record remote interviews; their mission is to empower people to collaborate and connect using audio as a platform, and, we now use SquadCast as our preferred podcast recording app for InnovaBuzz.
In our discussion, Zach talked to me about
- How developing a solution to their own need lead to the development of SquadCast
- The importance of getting and listening to customer feedback
- Using a conference sponsorship to get attention for your new product
Harry Duran on episode 170 suggested we interview Zach.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastListeners get distracted by poor audio quality. As a podcaster, you want your message to be as clear as possible and quality should not be a barrier. @Zach__Moreno on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Zach Moreno of Squadcast
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Podcasting is a great blend of art and technology.
- Separation is key when working with a family member. Communicate effectively and understand what’s personal and what’s not.
- Listeners get distracted by poor audio quality. As a podcaster, you want your message to be as clear as possible and quality should not be a barrier.
- Audio is the hardest part of doing a video.
- When you have a solid foundation of studio quality audio, people will listen and stay with your message.
- Squadcast records audio before it is sent over the web. It is then sent to the Squadcast cloud where it is being uploaded in the background while you are recording. It is not impacted by network connection.
- You can record up to 4 people with Squadcast.
- Between 2 Mics is a podcast that explores the challenges and opportunities that podcasters face. It features conversations with people who are helping define podcasting and see what’s possible.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Zach’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Collaborate. Collaboration enhances creativity. By collaborating with other people, you inherently maximise the different possibilities of ways to look at things and oftentimes that can translate to innovative ideas.
- Best thing for new ideas – Listening. Get out of the way and listen to people’s experiences, what their ideas are, and asking really good deeper questions. On a personal note, I’d say meditation.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Reading and just in time learning.
- Keep project / client on track – Shared awareness. Make it easy to stay in sync and be on the same page. Have systems in place to help people collaborate easily.
- Differentiate – Be different. Don’t focus on just being better. Focus on how you can set yourself apart. First mover advantage is such a powerful thing because you are automatically differentiated by time and by proximity.
To Be a Leader
Have the willingness to do those thought experiments and take risks. Be vulnerable.
Zach suggested I interview Brad Smith, the founder and CEO of SimpleCast. So Brad, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Zach Moreno.
Cool things about Zach
- He went to art school and used to paint everyday.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Web Design & Development from the University of California – Sacramento.
- He is the author of the book “AngularJS Deployment Essentials”.