Tanessa Shears, Becoming Limitless through Optimising Sleep – Innova.Buzz 569
Our guest in this episode is Tanessa Shears, a Kinesiologist, Certified Sleep Science Coach, health consultant and host of the Becoming Limitless Podcast. She helps entrepreneurs scale their business by optimizing their health, focus & productivity with science and biohacking. Tanessa works closely with business owners to implement effective sleep, nutrition, movement and out of the box stress management strategies so they can eliminate brain fog and wake up feeling well rested, energized and focused.
In our conversation Tanessa and I discussed the impact of sleep and brain fog on entrepreneurs. The three key points we covered are:
- That Sleep is essential for memory and should be a health priority.
- Strategies to optimize sleep can be applied to both adults and babies.
- That Brain fog can be a sign of lack of sleep and can have a negative effect on our productivity and energy levels. With the right strategies, entrepreneurs can eliminate brain fog and make the most of their lives.
Listen to the Podcast
Quiz this PodcastOnce we realize how amazing our brains and energy are supposed to feel when they're working properly, the things we can do are life changing. @tanessashears on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Tanessa Shears, Tanessa Shears Consulting
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Once we realize how amazing our brains and energy are supposed to feel when they’re working properly, the things we can do with our life are life changing.
- Sleep is essential for our physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. Lack of quality sleep can have a huge impact on our lives, leading to exhaustion and brain fog.
- Brain fog is not something you can walk into your doctor’s office and get diagnosed for. It’s like thinking in sand! Our ability to achieve outcomes slows down dramatically.
- Sleep is a superpower for memory and can help us achieve more in life. Achieving eight to nine hours of sleep per night can help eliminate brain fog and boost productivity. A good night’s sleep can help us think more clearly, make better decisions, and have more energy.
- Even in the face of fragmented sleep, it’s possible to optimize the sleep we do get.
- Total sleep time is important, and on top of that quality of sleep is critical. We need deep sleep, REM sleep and light sleep in the ratio 15-25%, 20-25%, rest in light sleep.
- Sleep deprivation can lead to irritability, difficulty concentrating, and impaired decision-making.
- Eating close to sleep (2-3 hours) can cause an increase in blood sugar and cortisol, which reduced our ability to get to sleep and quality sleep.
- Exposing our eyes to white screens in the evening also triggers cortisol and reduces our ability to get quality sleep.
- Routine and darkness can help us get better sleep, no matter our age. We can use light and temperature to optimize our sleep and help us wake up feeling refreshed.
- Creating a calming bedtime routine can help us wind down and get better quality sleep.
- Breath work is a highly effective way to relax, so that we can get to sleep.
- Our digestive system has it’s own “clock”. Changing our eating pattern can help to shift our sleeping patterns.
- Stress resiliency strategies are a great way to help us deal with stress. Some examples of stress resiliency strategies – exercise, intermittent fasting, cold exposure, heat exposure (saunas).
- The thing that has the biggest impact on our resiliency is sleep! Asking “How are you sleeping?” gives you much more insight into how that person is doing physically and mentally.
- By not sleeping to work longer, we are stealing from tomorrow’s productivity!
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Tanessa’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Get better quality sleep.
- Best thing for new ideas – Morning walks, listening to podcasts.
- Favourite resource – Brain.fm
- Keep project/client on track – Your thoughts create your feelings, so helping change the language of our self-talk.
- Differentiate – Getting into the right state with high energy.
Question – is the tired I’m feeling normal? Do I want it to be normal for me? Be open to what better quality slepp can do to change how you experience life.
You can reach out and thank Tanessa through her podcast “Becoming Litmitless” or on Instagram.
Tanessa suggested we have a conversation with virtual CFO Sarah Young of Trustyoungco.com on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
- LinkedIn – Tanessa is not active on LinkedIn
- Instagram – @tanessashears
- Podcast – Becoming Limitless
- Timeshifter App
- The Game Podcast with Alex Hormozi
Cool Things About Tanessa
- In just 7 years, Tanessa graduated from Simon Fraser University on the President’s Honour Roll, grew her business to 6 figures within two years, completely overhauled her diet and dropped 15lbs, bought her first dream home before 25 and her first rental property by 28.
- She found the love of her life, whom she married in 2019, and now is the proud Mommy of o two little girls under 3 right now and she want them to see their mom grow and create a massive impact. She wants to be an example of what it looks like to not finish life with unused capacity.
- While planning a wedding and enjoying her pregnancy, Tanessa and her husband started an e-commerce business together to create freedom and fun.
Imagine being a part of a select community where you not only have access to our amazing podcast guests, but you also get a chance to transform your marketing and podcast into a growth engine with a human-centered, relationship-focused approach. That’s exactly what you’ll get when you join the Flywheel Nation Community. Tap into the collective wisdom of high-impact achievers, gain exclusive access to resources, and expand your network in our vibrant community. Experience accelerated growth, breakthrough insights, and powerful connections to elevate your business. ACT NOW – secure your spot and transform your journey today! Visit innovabiz.co/flywheel and get ready to experience the power of transformation.