Steph Clarke, Team Transformation Facilitator – InnovaBuzz 223
Steph Clarke, Team Transformation Facilitator
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Steph Clarke, a Team Transformation Facilitator and also the host of Steph’s Business Bookshelf Podcast. Steph was that kid who would hide with a torch under the covers reading until well past her bedtime, which is something that I too did, so I was fascinated to talk with her about all things facilitation, team culture and of course books.
In our discussion, Steph talked to me about:
- Team culture and measuring team performance
- Building and sustaining culture by the stories we tell
- The power of learning and discovery through books
Bec Lloyd on episode 217 suggested we interview Steph.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Steph Clarke, Team Transformation Facilitator
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Innovation happens when you combine two or more different things into one.
- In order to build trust, you have to make people realise that they are not feeling those things on their own.
- If you don’t really know what you want, it’s hard to fix or change anything.
- Podcasting is an incredible medium in terms of its flexibility, accessibility, and creativity.
- Culture is built and broken often through the stories that people hear, see, and are telling each other.
- Podcasting is an incredible one on one medium. Majority of people listen on their own. It enables you to have a personal connection with someone.
- People find it easier to consume and digest a podcast because they can do it on the go.
- Podcasting is a great way to break down learning into bite sections. It is also very up to date and relevant.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Steph’s’ answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Read and learn. Learn not just from your own field but as well as other industries and disciplines..
- Best thing for new ideas – Pause and think. Give yourself that space to create ideas.
- Favourite tool for innovation – The internet, Spotify
- Keep project / client on track –Schedule it. Check-in and follow-up.
- Differentiate – Be yourself. Pretty much everything already exists and the only way you are going to be different is by getting really specific about micro-niching and thinking about what is that edge that you can bring into that.
To Be a Leader
Experiment. Try something new. Your team or your people can’t be what they can’t see. If they are not seeing you trying things out and learning as you go, they are not going to do that themselves.
Steph suggested I interview Mel Kettle, a communication strategist, speaker, and author. So Mel, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Steph Clarke.
Cool things about Steph
- She’s an accountant.
- She’s a licensed indoor cycling instructor.
- She does Pilates.
Your team or your people can't be what they can't see. If they are not seeing you trying things out and learning as you go, they are not going to do that themselves. @Steph_Clarke__ on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet