Sally A Curtis, Repurposing Content: Engaging Visuals to Connect with Your Audience – Innova.Buzz 573
Sally A Curtis, Content Repurposing Wiz
Our guest in this episode is Sally A Curtis who is a Content Repurposing Wiz & outside of the box thinker who loves leverage. She works with Brilliant Individuals to leverage their IP to engage & entice their audience through the power of visuals. Sally is best known for turning books into two years worth of social media posts. Her content agency works with change-makers across the globe and publishing or media houses to maximise visibility by amplifying clients’ wisdom & insights.
Sally started her career working with Australia’s most influential business leaders, helping them fill their events nationally and internationally with exceptionally high conversion rates. She went on to do this for herself and then mentored others and this led her to find the secret was in engagement through visual content and human conversations. Sallys’ team create for you a library of re-useable, profitable brand assets that amplify your impact, make you stand out, be heard and help you reach more people with ease.
In our conversation Sally shares her insights into simplifying the content creation process and finding your inner genius. Key takeaways:
- What you do and say repeatedly, showcases effortless talent;
- Repurposing existing content is an effective strategy for simplifying content creation;
- Break down existing content into small chunks and use visuals to connect with your audience.
Tanya Alvarez in episode 581 (publishes on July 13) introduced us to Sally.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Sally A Curtis,
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Repeating phrases or actions are a sign of your effortless talent and inner genius that you might take for granted. Our audience values these repeated elements more than you realize.
- Breaking down your content into small chunks are more effective. Trusting your intuition and simplifying the process can lead to finding your inner genius.
- Visual representation and graphics are effective in demonstrating transformation and creating a connection with the audience.
- We already have so much content that we’ve created, that we feel overwhelmed in sorting through that and re-purposing it. Effective tools and strategies can streamline the process.
- When looking at an article or book or blog post – don’t read from top to bottom. Instead, scan from bottom to top and highlight what springs out to you. The title and last line of each paragraph often contain the most valuable information in written content.
- Break the content production process down into steps – make it simple. Create templates to build consistency and save time. Forming habits is easy when the process is simplified. Establishing a process can help with creativity and delegation.
- Rambling and trying to include everything can hinder progress; focusing on core concepts and structuring it well is essential.
- Educating your audience on social media initiates conversations. From there you build relationships and take the conversations off social media, on to your platforms.
- Dot points and numerical lists can be repurposed as tips or structures for content.
- Posting videos with your personality connects with the audience on a deep level.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Sally’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Be consistent and find a way to get a “helicopter view” e.g. stand up at a board with post-it notes.
- Best thing for new ideas – Set aside fear and take pauses when you hit a barrier, return later to make it easier to push through.
- Favourite resource – Get out of my own way and allow my assistants to tell me to get out of the way.
- Keep project/client on track – Systems and processes, that give us our anchors to work with.
- Differentiate – The greatest differentiator is consistency – consistency of visibility, of message, of personal brand. Find your own consistent rhythm.
Choose one piece of content that’s been sitting “in the corner”, and turn it into two little short pieces of bite size content pieces, and have some fun with it.
You can reach out and thank Sally through her Linktree link.
Sally suggested we have a conversation with Communication Coach Gary Edwards, Speaking Coach Kate Burr and Durability Expert Derek McManus on future InnovaBuzz Podcast episodes.
- Link Tree – Sally A Curtis
- Website – Sally A Curtis
- Twitter – @SallyACurtis
- Instagram – @sally.a.curtis
Cool Things About Sally
- Sally is a a media host & content partner on Everyday Women’s TV Network.
- She is President of Professional Speakers South Australia.
- Sally was recently voted in the top 50 Australian female podcasters.
Imagine being a part of a select community where you not only have access to our amazing podcast guests, but you also get a chance to transform your marketing and podcast into a growth engine with a human-centered, relationship-focused approach.
That’s exactly what you’ll get when you join the Flywheel Nation Community.
Tap into the collective wisdom of high-impact achievers, gain exclusive access to resources, and expand your network in our vibrant community.
Experience accelerated growth, breakthrough insights, and powerful connections to elevate your business.
ACT NOW – secure your spot and transform your journey today! Visit innovabiz.co/flywheel and get ready to experience the power of transformation.