Mark Herschberg, Maximizing the Impact of Your Content – Innova.Buzz 565
Mark Herschberg, Cognosco Media
Our guest in this episode is Mark Herschberg, the author of The Career Toolkit: Essential Skills for Success That No One Taught You and creator of the Brain Bump app. From tracking criminals and terrorists on the dark web to creating marketplaces and new authentication systems, Mark has spent his career launching and developing new ventures at startups and Fortune 500s and in academia, with over a dozen patents to his name. He helped to start the Undergraduate Practice Opportunities Program, dubbed MIT’s “career success accelerator,” where he teaches annually.
In our conversation Mark talked to me about
- How his Brain Bump app is beneficial for both content creators and consumers, as it helps to build brands for creators and keep key information top of mind for consumers.
- How content producers can benefit from the ability to access content on demand. This allows them to create content that is evergreen, meaning it is always relevant and will never become outdated.
- Why repurposing knowledge for context is a great way to make sure that the content is more valuable to the target audience.
Listen to the PodcastBy breaking down knowledge into smaller units, we can make it more accessible while also driving people to our back catalog of evergreen content. @Cognoscomedia on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Mark Herschberg, Cognosco Media
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- The fundamental problem that Brain Bump aims to solve is the gap between where people access information and when they need it. By breaking down knowledge into smaller units, such as tip cards containing one to four sentences in length, Brain Bump makes information more accessible and relevant for individual users. These tip cards can be tagged with specific topics or keywords, allowing users to easily find relevant information when they need it.
- When it comes to retaining information, repetition is key. Repetition helps us to commit facts, skills, and knowledge to memory, so that we can access it when we need it. This is why it is so important to take the time to review and revisit information, whether it’s from a book, podcast, blog, or class.
- Repetition is a powerful tool for retaining information. Brain Bump makes it easy to access the information you need when you need it and to review it over time. This makes it easier to remember and apply the information to your life. So if you’re looking to retain information more effectively, repetition is the key.
- The ability to access content on demand also allows content producers to create content that is more targeted to their audience. It’s also a great way to build a brand and increase visibility. Instead of relying on chronological postings, content producers can now target their content to the people who are most likely to benefit from it at that time. This allows them to create content that is more effective and can be used to help their audience.
- Repurposing knowledge for context is an important part of content production. It allows content producers to create content that is more valuable, relevant, and accessible to the audience. By breaking down the content into smaller pieces, it can be more easily consumed and used to help the audience. This makes it easier for content producers to create content that is more effective and can be used to help their audience.
- Content repurposing is also a great way to build brand awareness. By taking content and repurposing it in different forms, content producers can reach a wider audience and make sure that their content is seen by more people. This can help to increase brand awareness and help to reach a larger audience.
- The concept of context-dependent information has transformed the way we consume and create content. By repurposing content for different formats such as podcasts, blogs, or videos, creators can maximize their reach and impact. AI tools like ChatGPT can further aid in this process by generating new ideas or variations on existing content.
- When using chat GPT, it is important to be aware of potential bias and ethical considerations. Since the tool is based on existing data, it may contain biases that can be reflected in the decisions it makes. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the intellectual integrity of the content created. It is important to make sure that the content is accurate and appropriate for the audience.
- One of the key aspects of using ChatGPT is to be curious and connect dots. This can uncover new solutions and ideas that can be used to create content that is more valuable and relevant.
- One of the most important things that content producers can do to differentiate themselves is to invest in relationships.
Here are Mark’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Be curious; talk to people in lots of different fields.
- Best thing for new ideas – Talking to people in all kinds of different fields.
- Favourite resource – My diverse network.
- Keep project/client on track – Setting clear goals. Have a north star.
- Differentiate – Add direct value to yourself.
Think about how you can chop up your content into smaller, more accessible pieces in a way that you can continue to connect with your audience, build your brand and create a beneficial relationship for both parties.
You can reach out and thank Mark through the Brainbump app website and the Cognosco Media website.
Mark suggested we have a conversation with author of “Slingshot Leadership”, Rahul Bhandari; author of “Storytelling for Leaders”, Charles Vogl; sociolinguist Valerie Fridland; author of “The Success Factor”, Roth Gotian; synthetic media expert Jill Shiefelbein; author of “From Start-Up to Grown-Up”, Alisa Cohn; book writing coach, Robin Colucci; author and writing coach, Anne Janzer on future InnovaBuzz Podcast episodes.
- Website – Cognosco Media
- Website – The Career Toolkit Book
- Brain Bump App
- Facebook – Cognosco Media
- Facebook – The Career Toolkit
- Twitter– @Cognoscomedia
- Twitter – @CareerToolkitBk
- Instagram -@Cognoscomedia
- Instagram – @thecareertoolkit
Cool Things About Mark
- At MIT, he received a B.S. in physics, a B.S. in electrical engineering & computer science, and a M.Eng. in electrical engineering & computer science, focusing on cryptography.
- At Harvard Business School, Mark helped create a platform used to teach finance at prominent business schools.
- He also works with many non-profits, currently serving on the board of Plant A Million Corals.
Imagine being a part of a select community where you not only have access to our amazing podcast guests, but you also get a chance to transform your marketing and podcast into a growth engine with a human-centered, relationship-focused approach. That’s exactly what you’ll get when you join the Flywheel Nation Community by purchasing a digital token, that will also give you access to a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. With a limited number of copies available, act now to seize this opportunity to take your podcast to the next level! Visit innovabiz.co/flywheel and get ready to experience the power of transformation.