Marina Girgis, How to Build a Profitable and True-to-Self Personal Brand – InnovaBuzz 424
Marina Girgis, Livin’ Vivaciously
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Marina Girgis, of Livin Vivaciously, a brand expert helping freedom-obsessed entrepreneurs build pivot-proof and true-to-self personal brands to make more money online and live vivaciously! Her ultimate goal is to empower women to overcome their limiting beliefs, face their fears, tell their stories, and live more freely despite gender and cultural norms.
Marina is living a freedom-filled life on her terms, traveling the world solo for the past 5 years, whilst running her business.
In our discussion, Marina talked to me about:
- Being clear about the purpose of your business and moving with it
- Being really clear about your ideal day, so your business can deliver that
- The job of every business is to start meaningful, value filled conversations
Nia Lee in episode 403 introduced us to Marina.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Don't just create something for now. Create also for the future. That's the beauty of a personal brand. It's the one thing that could stay consistent. It grows and you can take people with you as you grow. @VivaciousMarina on #InnovaBuzz… Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Marina Girgis of Livin’ Vivaciously
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Building your business the right way gives you more freedom to live your life in your own terms.
- Decide who you want to help and why. As a personal brand, you have to be selective because your name is associated with the type of people that you help. Being selective attracts more people who are your ideal clients.
- Be clear on your message and how you want to portray your personal brand. Be clear on your purpose and then dive deep into who you want to help.
- An ideal client is not the same as a target audience. An ideal client is someone that you wish you had when you started or the person that was you 5 or 10 years ago.
- Your business has to grow and develop with you but your purpose for starting the business should remain constant.
- Start with a big purpose and be really specific about it.
- A brand is an ecosystem. It grows. You need to have different offers for the different parts of your customer journey so that you can bring in more people as you grow and still continue to help other people who are just starting their journey.
- Don’t just create something for now. Create also for the future. That’s the beauty of a personal brand. It’s the one thing that could stay consistent. It grows and you can take people with you as you grow.
- We all know what our purpose is. We all want to help people in some way and that is why we start a business.
- There has to be a bigger purpose to what you are doing. Moving with that purpose in mind is what will help you keep that passion for what you do alive.
- You can help people through your purpose and live your purpose whilst at the same time elevating the services that you offer.
- Living vivaciously is living life on your own terms. It’s living your life the way you want and running your business the way you want. If you are living vivaciously and doing things on your own terms, you will continuously find joy in what you do, and be successful at it. At the same time, it will resonate with the people that you are trying to help.
- Living vivaciously is doing the things that bring you joy as well as creating an impact in other people’s lives.
- Start with your purpose and define the kind of lifestyle that you want. You need to be clear on the kind of life that you want to build so that you can nurture your success. When you start with your purpose and vision, it makes your whole brand feel authentic to others.
- Start with a very clear vision of the lifestyle that you want and the impact that you want to have on people so that you can continuously find joy within your business.
- The beauty of having a business is that you can run it the way you want it and you can measure success the way you want it.
- Instagram is a powerful platform for personal brands. Going live on Instagram allows you to talk to people in real-time, and that builds a lot of authority because people can spend time with you. You can start conversations and build a community.
- Choose your core platform and take the time to be on it to connect with people.
- Instagram is a beautiful place to build real relationships.
- The most expensive and valuable thing that people can give you is their attention. If someone is taking the time out of their day to send you a direct message or leave you a comment, make sure to give them the time to respond back and have a conversation with them.
- Make your comments really valuable. Take the conversation to the next level and always ask deeper questions.
- When marketing our business, our job is to take conversations to the next level and to get people to connect with us.
- There is always room to take your relationships on social media to the next level to naturally make people want to work with you.
- The most important thing in business is to create relationships and conversations.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Marina’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Treat humans like humans. Consider the human aspect of everything whenever you’re trying to create a new product or service. Think about the person you are trying to help and create what they really need to get to the next level with you.
- Best thing for new ideas – Take breaks. Go on vacations. Spend time with yourself. The best ideas come from a place of peace and relaxation.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Meditation and having conversations with my community.
- Keep project/client on track – Check-in regularly. Accountability comes from showing people that you care about them.
- Differentiate – Incorporate all parts of who you are into your brand. It’s important to niche down the problem that you are solving for people but you need to be able to showcase all parts of who you are and bring that human element to your brand.
To Be a Leader
Stop trying to take on what everyone else is doing and start finding what you truly want to do with your business. Start with your own personal story, your purpose, and the life that you want to build for yourself for the years to come. We don’t start a business just for now. We start it to build a legacy.
Marina suggested we have a conversation with Vivienne Okafor, her retreat partner. So Vivienne, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Marina Girgis.
Cool Things About Marina
- She was born in Egypt, raised in Kuwait, and is living in New York City.
- She holds a degree in Fashion Design.
- She speaks Arabic, English, and Spanish.