Mai-kee Tsang, How to Gain Sustainable Visibility – InnovaBuzz 385
Mai-kee Tsang, Podcast Guesting Strategist
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Mai-kee Tsang, who is a Podcast Guesting Strategist & THE Sustainable Visibility™ Mentor. Mai-Kee helps introverted and purpose-driven rising leaders who want to become sustainably visible in order to expand their reach, grow their business on their terms, and make a deeper impact in the world. She helps her clients be seen for who they truly are, discover their unique offers – all by never forcing them to show up in a way that feels off and out of integrity.
In our discussion, Mai-kee talked to me about:
- How to create a safe space for people to share ideas and be visible
- Being seen for who you really are
- A highly effective way to pitch as a guest to a podcast host
Tamara Glick in episode 350 introduced us to Mai-kee.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastVisibility is not about exposure. Exposure often comes from a place of being seen without your consent. Visibility is all about being seen for who you truly are. – Mai-kee Tsang on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Mai-kee Tsang, Podcast Guesting Strategist
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- A microphone is a symbolic representation of a voice that is being amplified.
- Podcast guesting is an incredible visibility and marketing strategy to get more clients.
- Podcast guesting at its core is really about providing people a safe place to share what is really in their hearts and on their minds so they can make the ripple effect that they are destined to make through their business.
- It takes a lot of courage for somebody to really share themselves with the world.
- Visibility is not about exposure. Exposure often comes from a place of being seen without your consent. Visibility is all about being seen for who you truly are.
- There is some inner work that needs to be done to allow yourself to be seen. You can have the best strategy in the world but if you are self-sabotaging yourself because there is still some inner work that is yet to be done, no strategy can help you.
- Always walk your talk. You are the living embodiment of your work. Once your community and clients see that, they will feel that they can trust themselves to do it too.
- It’s important to create a safe space for you to remind yourself that you are physically safe.
- You get to choose the opportunities that come towards you. You don’t have to do anything. You simply can do the things you do.
- You are all that you need. You don’t need anything external if you have yourself.
- Sustainable Visibility is all about doing the inner work before your business and yourself is fully seen.
- The power of a video pitch is incredible because it’s something that you cannot outsource. It is truly and uniquely YOU. You can rarely go wrong with a video or voice pitch because it is personalised.
- Personalisation and relevancy are all about the level of detail and personalisation of your pitch and the genuine care that you really want to contribute something to someone’s audience.
- Make sure that the podcast host knows that your intention is to add value to their audience.
- Take the time to listen to the podcast episodes. Pick up a point to demonstrate that you actually listened to it that can lead back to the thing you would like to discuss.
- Choose clients who really care and want to stay involved in your processes and maintain those relationships.
- Every podcast host is a leader.
- It is not about your incapability but your personal capacity to be visible.
- Podcast guesting should be based on relationships. The closer you are with the host, the better the conversation will be.
- Be aware when vetting the podcasts you want to pitch to. Make sure it’s still active and whether it is accepting guests. More importantly, make sure that the host’s values align with yours.
- Always focus on providing value to the podcast host and their audience who they have nurtured over time.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Mai-kee’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Have the courage to try.
- Best thing for new ideas – Seeing where the gaps are and being responsible enough to see it through the end.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Free writing, my journal.
- Keep project/client on track – Ask them how they would love to be supported, how you can best celebrate their successes, and how you can best reach out to them when they are off track.
- Differentiate – Share your blooper reels and not just your highlights reel. Be honest with the things that go wrong in your business and really own that.
To Be a Leader
Really be the best leader that you can. To be an innovative leader, it is truly important to be the embodiment of your work.
You can reach out and thank Mai-kee through her website.
Mai-kee suggested we have a conversation with Eman Zabi (who was our guest previously on Ep 270) about her new curated course platform Terrain. So Eman, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Mai-kee Tsang.
Get access to 25 proven ways to get booked on podcasts in 2021 and beyond from 25 expert podcasters.
Cool Things About Mai-kee
- She sent 101 personalised pitches in 30 days, receiving a resounding YES in 1 in every 3 pitches sent.
- She has guested on 30+ podcasts in less than a year.
- She’s a British born Chinese.