Model the Masters – Kim Doyal, LeadSurveys
In this episode of Model the Masters, we feature Kim Doyal from LeadSurveys. We explore with Kim the topic of Lead Nurturing System and Process, and find out what values, beliefs and strategies are important to Kim in being a master at Lead Nurturing.
Formerly known as the “WordPress Chick”, Kim is a prolific content creator and podcaster. She is the Co-Founder of LeadSurveys, and she works with entrepreneurs to build their online presence, connect with their ideal clients, and “show up” in a way that resonates with them.
Listen to the Podcast to find out what is important to Kim Doyal about the Lead Nurturing SystemBuilding a connection creates an element of trust with your leads. @KimDoyal on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Kim Doyal of LeadSurveys
Values related to Lead Nurturing System:
- Connection – creating an element of trust with your leads. They may not choose to buy or do business with you today, but if you do it correctly, it’s going to be an easy sale down the road when they are ready. Connection allows your leads to trust in you and start building that relationship.
- Knowing your audience and matching your message
- Self-awareness – know who you are, what you are here for, how you move through the world, and how you can bring a person on the journey with you
- Growth – nurture your leads in a way that they grow with you.
- Frequent communication – nurturing leads in terms of how frequently you communicate with them so that they grow with you and stay along the journey.
- Consistency – commitment to show up and engage. Nurturing leads has to be consistent and in alignment with where you are taking what you are doing.
- Being valuable
Beliefs related to Lead Nurturing System:
- Just be yourself. Find that unique voice within yourself because the only way you are going to stand out is by being yourself. Take the time to just use your voice, what you have to say, and find a way to bring yourself into it.
- Your leads need to see themselves as the hero. It is not about you being the hero in the hero’s journey. It is about your audience, your subscribers, or your customers seeing themselves there.
- When you are willing to do the stuff that other people won’t, you are going to come out ahead. There is no guarantee of when, but it will happen.
- Make the offer sooner rather than later. The longer it takes you to make an offer, the harder it is to make the offer.
- The best strategy is whatever you can do consistently and then measure and adjust. There are so many ways to do this, but you have to find what you are going to do and make it work.
- I know that I have something that solves their problem but I also know that I cannot solve every problem.
Strategies related to Lead Nurturing System:
- Constantly testing until you hit the right thing in order to scale and measure what is really working.
- Know your audience – start out with your ideal avatar and identify their biggest challenges.
- Facebook group is a phenomenal way to build an audience and bring leads in because you are also nurturing them with the day to day conversation.
- Consistent email marketing and sequencing – doing a follow-up sequence of 3 to 5 emails and then moving onto a once a week newsletter or email.
- Ask the three questions – where did you hear about us, what is your biggest challenge, and then what is your email? Ask these questions to your audience to see what their issues, their problems and their needs are, and then produce information that can help them and build that up as a knowledge base.
- Segment and target content – nurture emails based on what your leads have already told you or demonstrated that they are interested in.
- Get the foundation right – pick one thing and be consistent with it. Master the fundamentals and get simple strategies that are working that you can do so consistently then put a little gas on it.
- Make the offer sooner rather than later. The sooner you make an offer to your audience and to the lead, clarifies that you are a business and you need to make money. It takes out people who are just looking for freebies.
Model the Masters – Exceptions Round
Here are Kim’s answers to the questions of our Exceptions round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- What behaviour do you DO to be great at Lead Nurturing? – Just show up. You simply have to do it. It is the commitment to being consistent and hitting publish. Just show up and do it again and again. Some are going to be great, some will not, some, you are going to get good data from, but you have to put it out there. People get very caught up in consumption as opposed to production and so you just have to show up and hit publish.
- What are your 3 top beliefs for excelling at Lead Nurturing?
- Testing and measuring. You cannot fix what you are not looking at. It is like not wanting to step on the scale. You’re not going to be in a better shape unless you look at the truth. You have to measure whilst looking.
- You have to be consistent.
- Ask for feedback and be flexible.
- What is the key difference that makes THE DIFFERENCE for you in Lead Nurturing? – Consistency and your voice. Whether you are a personal brand or an agency, you have to be consistent in your message and how you speak to your audience because people will look for it. They read and they hear your voice when they read your written word. There is this cohesiveness that happens. You have to be consistent and put your voice through it. Just be yourself.
Kim nominated Ben Settle, who is a brilliant copywriter as someone that she admires in Lead Nurturing.