Kieran McKeefery, Rebel Base Media – InnovaBuzz 159
Kieran McKeefery, Rebel Base Media
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Kieran McKeefery, who is the Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder at Rebel Base Media. Rebel Base Media creates technology & solutions for podcasters.
They are the creators of Podcast Websites, Captivate Audio, Poductivity and The Podcast Success Academy. Their business is all about serving podcasters, so of course, I’m really keen to learn more from Kieran, in this episode.
In our discussion, Kieran talked to me about
- How Rebel Base Media and its suite of products developed from a need for podcasters to have support
- Identifying the real needs behind an issue or problem and how digging deep can lead to innovative products
- Creating intrigue and curiosity around a new product by keeping secrets
Mark Asquith on episode 137 suggested we interview Kieran.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastSometimes, it works so well not telling people what it is. Keeping people curious and intrigued make them talk about you. @KieranMcKeef on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Kieran McKeefery of Rebel Base Media
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Captivate Audio is the world’s only growth-oriented podcast host.
- The Podcast Success Academy provides free educational content for the growing podcaster.
- Podcast Design Studio is a design service for podcasters.
- Poductivity is an instruction based platform. It standardizes audience interaction across the entire podcasting industry.
- Sometimes, it works so well not telling people what it is. Keeping people curious and intrigued make them talk about you.
- There is no such thing as a bad idea. Everything is an idea. You just need to decide which is going to be the most beneficial.
- If you have time and the knowledge to do it, just do it.
- Competition is completely healthy.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Kieran’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Think outside the box. Take into consideration what people want and need. Don’t always see black and white. If you can see a problem, delve a bit more into the problem.
- Best thing for new ideas – Not getting the product wrong or the ideas wrong. Get a list of ideas and break them down. Dig deeper into issues.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Slack
- Keep project / client on track – Set deliverables to a specific date. Set deadlines. Always set out what the scope is going to be. Communication is always the key.
- Differentiate – Be yourself. Don’t just look at an issue. Look really deep into what the issue is and what has caused it. Find something that no one else can see. You are your own person and you have your own skills. You know where you are good at so use that to your advantage to find something that no one else can.
To Be a Leader
Work out where you want to be. Set yourself some target and deliverables. Ask – Is it worth doing? Is it something that has been solved already or is there another way to solve it?
Kieran suggested I interview Wayne Smallman, founder of Octane Interactive. So Wayne, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Kieran McKeefery.
- Website – Rebel Base Media
- Twitter – @KieranMcKeef
- Podcast Websites
- Podcast Success Academy
Cool things about Kieran
- He loves playing with stuff and taking it apart.
- He built an online role playing game at age 13.
- His name, Kieran, is the Irish form of the Gaelic “Ciarán” which means “little dark one”.