Josh Elledge, Up My Influence – InnovaBuzz 158
Josh Elledge, Up My Influence
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Josh Elledge of Up My Influence. Josh is a serial entrepreneur who builds the companies he needs most in the world. He launched UpMyInfluence to help entrepreneurs like himself attract the perfect audiences and grow their brands without the crazy costs and contracts associated with traditional PR companies.
UpMyInfluence (UMI) has evolved into a purpose-driven platform bent on totally DEMOCRATIZING access to influence. Josh wholeheartedly believes UMI has a moral imperative to help entrepreneurs own their expertise, share their wisdom, and serve the world with their messages. And of course, to help members grow revenue too! I’m looking forward to unpack all of that some more with Josh today.
In our discussion, Josh talked to me about
- How to stand out above the noise by building your authority
- Why it is important to have a value providing mindset
- How to be incredibly helpful in a way that builds your authority and grows your business
Jennifer Longworth on episode 150 introduced us to Josh.
Listen t0o the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastWhen you are successful, you should work very hard to find pro-bono means of serving future entrepreneurs. @JoshElledge on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Josh Elledge of Up My
- Exposure is everything.
- When you are successful, you should work very hard to find pro-bono means of serving future entrepreneurs.
- Give first then build relationships and serve. It allows a lot of people to develop a lot of KNOW, LIKE and TRUST with you.
- Plant a lot of seeds and do a lot of good in the world. That is all we really have to do. It is a whole lot easier than just waking up and wanting to sell all the time.
- Develop and invest in relationships, and find ways to bring value. Consumers demand to be able to engage in a no-risk way. The other thing they demand more than ever is authority. To rise above the noise, you have to be respected in your industry.
- How ever you choose to serve, do so with a mindset of providing the most amount of value you could possibly give.
- Give first and selling will just be a natural consequence of what you do.
- Your greatest evangelists may not necessarily be the ones who gave you money. They may not be your target audience or they may not have a budget for it but they can introduce you to dozens of amazing clients out there.
- When you have invested in your personal brand, in your authority, and in your thought leadership, everything in business is just easier.
- Start small. Do your pro-bono stuff and then start scaling up.
- Invest in every single thing you can if you feel very confident about your business. If you’re not, then just try to work as a service provider and just do the best you can and you will grow eventually.
- Culture is so important. It can help you keep good employees and increase productivity. You can make sure your team is in alignment with your vision, your purpose, and your WHY.
- Media is really important because more than just visibility, it gives you authority. It gives you respect.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Josh’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Being exposed to a lot of ideas. Innovation is simply the attraction of lots of new ideas. Surround yourself with smart people.
- Best thing for new ideas – Learning from other people and their mistakes.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Brilliant communication with people. Master the art of virtual communication, doing meetings effectively and using video together.
- Keep project / client on track – ProWorkflow
- Differentiate – Authority. Just keep showing up and bring value. Get out to conferences. Meet people in person. Learn and master your skill. Learn by teaching.
To Be a Leader
You are not a fortune teller. We can’t just show up one day and invent the perfect product. Just know that whatever your minimum viable product is, go ahead and get it out. It is going to be crappy but that’s OK. Focus on being a resource, being an expert, and on serving. Be the resident expert in your field. Be helpful and keep giving value.
Josh suggested I interview Ty Crandall CEO of Credit Suite and best-selling author of Business Credit Decoded. So Ty, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Josh Elledge.
Raise your authority and grow your influence! Sign up for Josh’s free webinar to skyrocket your online influence.
Cool things about Josh
- He served in the US Navy as a US Navy Journalist.
- He’s a weekly consumer expert on Fox 35 Orlando and News 13.
- He has appeared in the media more than 2000 times.