Jon Christian Jervert, Conscious Human Performance – InnovaBuzz 391
Jon Christian Jervert, Conscious Human Performance
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Jon Christian Jervert, a human performance improvement (HPI) strategist and president of Black Point Standard Consulting Group, a performance improvement consulting firm based out of New Jersey.
Jon has more than 20 years of consulting experience encompassing work with thousands of individuals and companies in countries around the world. He is also the author of The Five Challenges, a podcast host, and a keynote speaker.
As a lead facilitator for Black Point Standard Consulting Group’s “ZERKERS” division and founder of The Challenge Academy, Jon has a passion for helping individuals overcome fear and gain the clarity and confidence to pursue their dreams. His 5 Challenges™ Program teaches adventurous individuals and business leaders how to relentlessly focus on creating a life they love.
In our discussion, Jon talked to me about:
- Embracing fear and being more visible by doing just 4% more each time
- Accepting rejection as a process to learn from, by removing the outcome from your identity
- Balancing life through the 7 levels of consciousness and the 5 pillars of conscious human performance
Jamie Greenberg in episode 117 introduced us to Jon.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastPhysical experiences allow us to shift our mental well-being, overcome fear, and gain confidence. @Zerkers_LLTTF on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Jon Christian Jervert, creator of the Conscious Human Performance Model
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Physical experiences allow us to shift our mental well-being, overcome fear, and gain confidence.
- By being aware of your level of consciousness, you can approach stressful situations in a different way. You now have a choice as opposed to being pulled to a level of consciousness that you don’t have any control over.
- The Conscious Human Performance Model incorporates the level of consciousness into your performance in any aspect.
- Anger comes from ego. Anger makes it difficult to come up with solutions.
- Stepping outside of your own ego allows you to love other people and respect their perspectives. It allows you to operate at a higher level of consciousness and come up with better outcomes.
- Anger is not always destructive. Sometimes choosing anger is good.
- In order for some things to change, you have to take action.
- When you expose yourself to things that push you outside of your comfort zone, all the other things in life become less scary, and you can move towards the things that you truly desire with less fear and more confidence.
- Fear translates to excitement. There is always something on the other side of fear that is going to be positive if you just step through it.
- Challenge yourself to do 4% more than what you are used to, to become more visible and resilient to fear.
- Consciousness is all about awareness. It is how your body and mind react to certain situations.
- Enjoy the process. Focus on the activity and not on the outcome.
- The 5 Core Pillars of the Conscious Human Performance Model:
- Life experiences – adventure and experiences are important in life.
- Consciousness – being aware of your energy, emotions, and your surroundings.
- Connection – developing deep and fulfilling relationships with the people you surround yourself with
- Contribution – financial abundance, how fulfilled you are in your life, and how passionate you are about what you are doing.
- Physical wellbeing – physical fitness and health.
- Zerkers stand for “underground warriors for the people”. Zerkers are individuals dedicated to impacting the world in a positive way and pursuing their passions.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Jon’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Overcome the fear that is holding you back. If you have something in your heart, just put it out there. People will see your passion and that thing will just continue to grow. Never give up on that idea and never let that passion die.
- Best thing for new ideas – Create a space for yourself. Practice doing nothing to create a space in your mind for ideas to flow.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Books and people.
- Keep project/client on track – Find the reason why they are doing it. Understand the purpose and how your actions align with that purpose. Take decisive actions on the things that you desire and never give up, knowing that things will not be perfect, but if you stick to your path, you will get to your destination.
- Differentiate – Don’t be afraid to be YOU. When you can step into yourself and be comfortable in your skin, it really differentiates you. It is not what you do but who you are that differentiates you from everybody else.
To Be a Leader
Surround yourself with amazing people. Keep your connections strong. Never give up on the thing that’s in you heart. Keep that fire alive and everything will work out.
You can reach out and thank Jon through their website.
Jon suggested we have a conversation with Sales, Communication and Influence Specialist, Bobby Reyes. So Bobby, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Jon Christian Jervert.
Discover the keys to unlock your full potential! Get your copy of The Five Challenges book and receive a free Conscious Human Performance™ assessment.
Cool Things About Jon
- He’s the first ever “Conscious Human Performance Strategist.”
- He’s Certified Professional Coach (CPC) and Learning Consultant, Energy Leadership Index™ Master Practitioner (ELI-MP), Customer Acquisition Specialist, Top Producer Consultant Sales and Leadership Coach.
- Some of the adventure challenges he had gone through were skydiving, mountain climbing, zip-lining, surfing, auto racing, endurance racing, backpacking, ice climbing, hiking, volcano exploring, kayaking, whitewater rafting, sailing, and many more.