Model the Masters – Joanne Clark, Destiny Pursuit Coaching and Training
In this episode of Model the Masters, we feature Joanne Clark from Destiny Pursuit Coaching and Training. We explore with Joanne, the topic of Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience and find out what values, beliefs and strategies are important to Joanne in being a master at Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience.
Joanne is a performance coach and Master NLP Practitioner and Trainer. Successfully leading and managing large teams in business, government and Community, she has mastered and applied a transformational leadership style which has inspired and motivated her teams to deliver truly outstanding results.
Joanne has previously appeared as a guest on the InnovaBuzz Podcast episode 6.
Listen to the Podcast to find out what is important to Joanne Clark about Delivering an Exceptional Customer ExperienceFocus on the experience of wanting to help. Be very clear about what the customer will feel, see, hear, and tell themselves. Joanne Clark on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Joanne Clark of Destiny Pursuit Coaching and Training
Values related to Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience:
- Service to the customer – Focus on the experience of wanting to help. Be very clear about what the customer will feel, see, hear and tell themselves, then develop a congruent outcome definition around what you want the customer to experience.
- Create an environment for customers where they feel safe and can bring a playful attitude to learning.
- Time is a nonrenewable resource and a very precious commodity. Customers invest time to engage with us. Make sure that they are getting the maximum value from their perspective for the time they are spending with us.
- Connecting with the customer by acknowledging their own individual desires, values, and wants.
- Behavioural flexibility – adapt what you have to offer in a way that enables rather than limits the customers to meet their needs.
- Surprise and delight customers with new perspectives and new opportunities that they can discover.
- Respect the customer’s map of the world and invite them to trust themselves.
- Celebrate and appreciate the strategies, the beliefs, and the values that you’ve been living with, that brought you to where you are now.
Beliefs related to Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience:
- The whole customer experience has to be congruent and aligned – they need to be living and breathing it. It has to be consistent with your brand, your values and your beliefs as the business owner in order for the customer to really get the value out of it.
- Everyone is doing the best they can with what they’ve got. No one is “broken” or needs to be “fixed”!
- Creating opportunities provides more choices for customers. If something isn’t working for the customers, more choices provide the opportunity to change.
- If I trust my customers, I invite them to trust themselves.
- Customer experience has to be nurtured and cared for.
Strategies related to Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience:
- Know your strengths and weaknesses. Find someone who can help with the things you are not very good at.
- Calibrate services based on the responses you are getting, and personalise it as best you can.
- Do some learning on real life experiences rather than sticking to agenda, and rigidly applying it regardless of where the audience or the participants are at.
- Structure content into meaningful chunks that you can shift and move the pieces around, then sum it up knowing that each piece in those categories are really important.
- Break rapport in the sales process to make sure that the customer understands and is clear about the choice they are making. Give customers the opportunity to experience and exercise their choice of whether to participate or not.
Model the Masters – Exceptions Round
Here are Joanne’s answers to the questions of our Exceptions round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- What behaviour do you DO to be great at Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience? – I practice what I preach. I’m a continuous learner, and I review the things that I am using regularly. I am always curious about how else. I never presume that I know the answer, rather living in the question of what else do I know about this thing.
- What are your 3 top beliefs for excelling at at Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience?
- Behavioural flexibility. Being able to respond to the customer on the spot in a way that connects with them. It is never I prefer to communicate with you like this. It is always how can I communicate with this customer so that they get the experience they are looking for.
- Being very focused on the outcome. Sometimes customer have a particular want, however they also have needs. Usually they won’t pay for their needs to be met but they buy what they want. I make sure that I can give people what they want whilst also meeting their needs.
- Being very present and calibrating how the customer’s going on the journey and being able to adapt on my feet to take opportunities that come up that are maybe a little bit off track from the core of what we’re doing, but nevertheless will add value to the client.
- What is the key difference that makes THE DIFFERENCE for you Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience? – Knowing my strengths and limitations, and making sure I’ve got people around me who are good at what I am not good at, who can support me in delivering the complete customer experience for people that I am working with, making sure that I have a team who is aligned with that vision of providing that exceptional customer service.
Joanne nominated Jed, a physiologist at the Kieser Training Centre in Geelong as someone that she admires for Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience.
LinksAdapt what you have to offer in a way that enables rather than limits the customers to meet their needs. Joanne Clark on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Listen to the Podcast to find out what is important to Joanne Clark about Delivering an Exceptional Customer Experience
Subscribe to the InnovaBuzz Podcast:
TRANSFORMATIONAL MARKETING MAP FOR BUSINESS COACHES
The Transformational Marketing Journey for Business Coaches guides you through a comprehensive 12 step process explaining each step in detail and showing you a systematic way to grow your coaching business.