Jeremy Pope, Making Sales Conversations Human and Caring – InnovaBuzz 544
Jeremy Pope, Sales Call Overhaul
Our guest in this episode is Jeremy Pope of Sales Call Overhaul. Jeremy is a former clinical and stage hypnotist who now helps entrepreneurs build scalable high-ticket sales departments. He’s been a top salesperson, sales manager, and sales trainer for international businesses, including the direct-marketing giant Guthy Renker. Now, he and his team at The Engine Room help build high ticket sales departments and help smaller business owners repair broken sales methods.
In our conversation Jeremy talked to me about
- High performance kindness as the core of a healthy mindset and culture
- How givers that are stuck in a takers process can revert to their natural behaviour and values
- Building trust through transparency and humanity in conversations
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastBuild a co-operative and healthy culture. A healthy culture creates good strategy. High performance kindness is hard to beat! Jeremy Pope on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Jeremy Pope, Sales Call Overhaul
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- We are always training ourselves to do something – whether intentionally or unintentionally.
- We can construct systems that promote healthy mindsets and a healthy organizational culture.
- Incentivize your sales team by having 80% of their compensation directly under their own control.
- Build a co-operative and healthy culture. A healthy culture creates good strategy. High performance kindness is hard to beat!
- When you feel natural in a sales conversation and true to your values, you’ll instantly close more sales.
- Let the system do the heavy lifting – in a sales call your duty is to uncover the true desire and reduce the fear of risk.
- The price-upfront technique – tell them the price and then spend the bulk of the conversation determining if your solution is a fit.
- Trust equals speed in sales conversations, so build trust very quickly, talk about what the prospect needs to hear, answer their questions in an open and transparent way.
- There are many different paths to innovation; everyone has a different method of success available to them.
- Treat your prospects as a dance partner not a boxing opponent!
- Work at being a good listener – it’s not something that comes naturally, you have to switch it on. Effective caring requires deep and good listening skills.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Jeremy’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Notice what you are good at, what your strengths are and go deep on that. Find the mental models that work for you.
- Best thing for new ideas – Collaborate with others to achieve goals.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Books and ask good questions to build a vision, then draw it.
- Keep project/client on track – Get buy in beforehand.
- Differentiate – Ask really good questions. Be an outstanding listener.
Practice the price-up-front technique out load and then let Jeremy know about your success stories as a result.
You can reach out and thank Jeremy through his website, or email.
Jeremy suggested we have a conversation with Client Success Coach, Chañel Robe and Executive Leadership Coach, William Attaway on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
- Website – Sales Call Overhaul
- Shaan Puri – Kickoff Template
- Wealth Dynamics Assessments from Roger Hamilton
- Mental Models: Versatile Thinking Tools for Complex Situations: Better Decisions, Clearer Thinking, and Greater Self-Awareness, Peter Hollins
- Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work, Chip and Dan Heath
- DaVinci and the 40 Answers: A Playbook for Creativity and Fresh Ideas, Mark Fox
- How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci, Michael E Gelb
- Vivid Vision: A Remarkable Tool for Aligning Your Business Around a Shared Vision of the Future, Cameron Herold
- Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork, Dan Sullivan
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable, Patrick Lencioni
Cool Things About Jeremy
- Jeremy was a clinical and stage hypnotist.
- Jeremy rebuilds “broken” sales calls, live and on-air in his Sales Call Overhaul Show.
- Jeremy rides an electric wheel.
If you’d like a peek behind the curtain, of this show, go to innovabiz.co/flywheel – there you’ll be able to get your very own Digital Token which will give you membership of the Flywheel Nation Community, where you’ll have direct access to our amazing podcast guests, as well as a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. We have minted just 30 copies of this digital token so get in quick before they’re snapped up!