Communication and Marketing – How Far is it?
In this episode, Jürgen talks about communication and marketing – using the example of the question “how far is it?” and how one might answer that in different places.
Good communication is critical to effective marketing. Marketing is quite simple really – It’s communicating effectively, the right message to the right audience at the right time and in the right place. That message has to provide value to your target audience and talk to them in their language. Your marketing is NOT about you, it’s about your audience or potential client.
Listen to the podcast to find out more about the connection between communication and marketing.
Show Notes from this episode about Communication and Marketing
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Good communication is critical in marketing.
- Marketing is communicating effectively, the right message to the right audience at the right time and in the right place. That message has to provide value to your target audience and talk to them in their language.
- Donald Miller in Building a Story Brand pointed out that clear communication was critical to stand out above the noise. He said:
The fact is, pretty websites don’t sell things. Words sell things. And if we haven’t clarified our message, our customers won’t listen. If we pay a lot of money to a design agency without first clarifying our message, we might as well be holding a bullhorn up to a monkey. The only thing a potential customer will hear is noise.
- Your marketing is NOT about you, its about your audience or clients. Communicate in a way that they listen and pay attention and take action. Most importantly,give them what they are looking for.
- Make your marketing message clear – it’s better to be clear than clever.
- Whilst the art / science of communication has been widely studied and is possibly well understood, it sadly is not well applied by most people.
- The meaning of your communication is the response you get.
The meaning of your communication is the response you get. @innovabiz on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet