InnovaBuzz Episode #74 – Information Marketing is Education
Information Marketing is Education
Information marketing is education – in this episode of the InnovaBuzz podcast, Jürgen talks about using education on your blog to do information marketing. Interestingly, this is a similar model that Seth Godin refers to as modern marketing, based on empathy, humility, innovation and effectiveness.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastWebsites are like jeans, most people are more concerned with looks than function. @innovabiz on #InnovaBuzz Podcast Click To Tweet
Key points and take-aways from this episode on Information Marketing is Education:
- A high impact website is at the heart of any digital marketing system. Most business websites, however, underperform because they don’t attract the right clients or enough clients.
- Websites are a bit like jeans – most people are more concerned about how they look and focused on themselves and lose sight of the fact that a website should be a business tool first and foremost and generate leads, customers and revenue for your business!
- Your desired result is not to be no 1 on Google, it is to get more customers and make more money! AND the secret to ranking well on Google, is the same as getting the attention and trust of your ideal client. Educate them with exceptionally valuable information
- The most frequent question the vast majority of businesses get asked is “how much is it?” And the answer is always the same. The answer is ALWAYS the same……… “It depends” Now what it depends on, is the subject of the information you can write in your blog. If you are selling alarm systems, then you might have the “economy” model that simply sounds a siren when triggered, and the premium system, which has a fully video monitored perimeter operating 24/7 and with super fast response times of on-site security personnel when triggered. You could write an article, or even a series of articles on the benefits of each of the systems, why you’d choose one over the others and in what situation each would be best suited to. Of course, you can share the price range of each solution.
- If you regularly publish answers to the questions you get asked all the time, then you’ll quickly build up a repository of exceptionally useful information for your target audience.
- Regularly publishing exceptionally useful information pleases the search engines AND positions you as the authority in your field and as the business who has been so helpful in providing your audience with exceptionally useful information without expecting anything in return. And if you’re the preferred source of information of your audience, where will they go when they make the purchase decision for the products or services you provide? Yes, likely to you!
Seth Godin says that “Modern marketing is based on, empathy and humility, on innovation and effectiveness. It’s about leading a tribe – leading people who want to be led, telling stories that resonate.” He also advises building a marketing machine – “a process and practice that produces value daily! Build an asset – day by day, drip by drip.” There are no shortcuts or magic tricks!