Hilary Russo, The Neuroscience Approach to Finding Clarity and Calm – Innova.Buzz 578
Hilary Russo, HIListically Speaking®
Our guest in this episode is Hilary Russo, The HIListically Speaking® Health Coach. She is one of only 150 Certified Havening Techniques Practitioners in the United States and 500 in the world. Hilary has been nationally recognized as a leader and public figure for her work in holistic health. Hilary’s HUG it Out! and Brain Candy programs empower you to “be kind to your mind”, own the story you are telling yourself and rewrite the narrative with neuroscience based tools that help you heal from within. She’s also a Certified Integrative Nutrition Holistic Health Coach, award-winning multimedia host/journalist focusing on health and wellness and a college professor at St John’s University in NYC. You can find Hilary at the mic as well hosting the successful podcast HIListically Speaking: engaging conversations of trauma to triumph through health healing and humor.
In our conversation Hilary and I discussed the neuroscience-based approach of Havening and how this technique can help individuals deal with trauma and promote better mood, behavior, and decision making by altering brain activity. The three key points we covered are:
- The benefits of positive self-talk, surrendering and letting go, and creating a toxic-free environment;
- how we can condition our brains to bring ourselves back from negative thoughts by nurturing the amygdala;
- how Havening can be used as a self-application tool for everyday coping, and dealing with traumas.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Hilary Russo, HIListically Speaking
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Our body has the power to heal itself!
- The brain has 50-80,000 thoughts/day and it’s common to gravitate towards negative ones in uncertainty.
- We need to condition ourselves to bring ourselves back from negative thoughts and nurture the amygdala.
- Realistic optimism is choosing what thoughts to focus on and not dwelling on negative ones for too long.
- The Think Method can help shift your mindset and find calm in chaos. Is it True, is it Honest, is it Inspiring, is it Necessary, is it Kind?
- Self-sabotage and self-fulfilling prophecies are common due to the brain’s need for certainty and preparation.
- The Hug It Out program focuses on self-healing, understanding, and gratitude through self-talk and self-awareness.
- Trusting intuition and gut feelings can prevent going against ourselves and potential negative outcomes.
- Surrendering and letting go of attachment to a desired outcome can allow it to manifest in our lives. Attachment to the outcome can put up barriers.
- Havening is a neuroscience based approach that uses touch and positive thoughts to alter brain activity and heal trauma. It can alter your thoughts, your moods, your behaviours, your habits, rapidly.
- Havening is unique in its ability to allow for self-soothing, coping, and dealing with traumas and everyday upsets.
- Telehealth and telecoaching have become popular during the pandemic, with Havening being a modality that allows for self-application and a comfortable, at-home experience.
- Havening touch releases four important hormones (oxytocin, serotonin, dopamine, endorphin) for human existence and nurtures our amygdala to spend less time in negative spaces and choose better thoughts.
- Nourishing our bodies is not just with food, and mindfulness is an important primary wheel of nutrition.
- Food is a source of nourishment. When it becomes a source of comfort, we need to work on the relationship with ourselves to understand why we continuously go to food for comfort.
- Taking our power back and not giving it away so quickly is important to live a life driven by intuition and self-awareness.
- We should approach healing holistically, integrating both Western and Eastern medicine, and giving our bodies a chance to heal through our own healing processes.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Hilary’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Trust yourself first – you are a creative being with thoughts like no one else.
- Best thing for new ideas – Sitting in silence.
- Favourite resource – Surrounding ourselves with people who lift us up, and choose our tribe wisely (People who “massage our neurons”). Creating a toxic free environment.
- Keep project/client on track – Build trust and connection and alignment first.
- Differentiate – Be yourself! Show up with integrity and authenticity.
You have the power to change your thoughts, moods, behaviors, actions and habits.
So if you’re looking for your business to be better, to level up, to upgrade, then why not start learning how to put Havening into your approach or hug it out with yourself and learn something new that you can put in that toolbox to use whenever you need.
Reach out to Hilary to learn more in her Hug it Out™ Complimentary Session.
You can reach out and thank Hilary through social media or her website.
Hilary suggested we have a conversation with Michelle Mills-Porter, The People Reader on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
- Website – Hilary Russo
- Hug it Out™ Complimentary Session
- Twitter – @HilaryRusso
- Instagram – @HilaryRusso
- Tik-Tok – @hilisticallyspeaking
Cool Things About Hilary
- Hilary is an award winning television journalist, producer and multi-media host.
- She currently hosts “Healthy Communities News”, a monthly travel show for CVS Health. She also makes regular appearances as a health/wellness guest expert on TV stations across the country.
- Hilary is a cast/studio member of Daily Burn 365, the first ever live-streaming, Emmy Award nominated fitness show and community support program that reaches over 2.5 million people worldwide.
Imagine being a part of a select community where you not only have access to our amazing podcast guests, but you also get a chance to transform your marketing and podcast into a growth engine with a human-centered, relationship-focused approach.
That’s exactly what you’ll get when you join the Flywheel Nation Community.
Tap into the collective wisdom of high-impact achievers, gain exclusive access to resources, and expand your network in our vibrant community.
Experience accelerated growth, breakthrough insights, and powerful connections to elevate your business.
ACT NOW – secure your spot and transform your journey today! Visit innovabiz.co/flywheel and get ready to experience the power of transformation.