Ghela Boskovich, FemTechGlobal – InnovaBuzz 156
Ghela Boskovich, FemTechGlobal
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Ghela Boskovich. Ghela is a self-proclaimed Fintech fanatic, and Founder of FemTechGlobal™, who sponsors the annual Women In Tech, Banking, Technology Award. She is an advocate of nurturing Customer Lifetime Value for both banks and those they serve, and she is a confirmed evangelist for adopting technology to transform the Financial Services industry for the greater good.
Ghela is also a regular contributor to fintech publications, a frequent speaker at industry events. She does a lot of work around the culture of technology and making that more empathetic.
In our discussion, Ghela talked to me about
- Really knowing what you are and where you are at, before deciding what you now want to do
- Focusing less on the doing and more on BEING, in relation to solving a real problem and keeping that in mind during the project
- why we should all return to our terrible twos!
Pete Trainor on episode 148 introduced us to Ghela.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastSuccess is about learning. It is about understanding what does and does not work. @GhelaBoskovich on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Ghela Boskovich, Founder of FemTechGlobal
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Technology provides a distinct level of transparency.
- High accountability is incredibly important and transparency matters. If you are in a position of decision making, you have to be honest in bearing that responsibility.
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII) has an incredible capital value not only to the individual who has that data about themselves but also to other organisations.
- Time and attention are non-renewable resources.
- Zero Knowledge Proof – the interaction between two parties who don’t know each other and don’t trust one another without sharing their private data.
- Finance is the heart of pretty much every transaction that we do.
- It is not innovation unless it is profitable.
- Success is about learning. It is about understanding what does and does not work.
- Failure is where the best lessons come from.
- Agile innovation is the whole notion of learning, iterating, and adapting flexibly in a very quick fashion.
- The problem you see is not necessarily the problem that is. It is not about solving the problem that is in front of you. It is about addressing something that is much more fundamental and much more quality driven than action driven.
- You need to know what you are before you know where to compete and collaborate in what you actually do. Knowing what you are, serves as a guide for what you should do.
- 3 fundamental organisation strata – capital, infrastructure, customer experience.
- The whole point of designing experiments is to challenge assumptions.
- Curiosity is a moral virtue.
- What we do today is not going to be in demand tomorrow.
- Diversity thinking and diversity discussion around the table can improve decision making. Diversity improves everything across the board from decisions to design to business revenues.
- We are all fundamentally connected at a very fundamental level. We have the same kind of human experience. The framework may shift a bit and the details will definitely be all different but we are all stuck in this life together. We are all experiencing it and we are all learning.
- The only way to have a full rich life is to see, experience and connect with as many facets as possible.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Ghela’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Use the question WHY and ask people to question you WHY constantly.
- Best thing for new ideas – Surrounding myself with people that challenge me and that I disagree with.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Daydreaming.
- Keep project / client on track – Issue homework with due dates.
- Differentiate – Authenticity. Listen. The more you listen, the more you actually differentiate yourself on the insights that you are able to dream.
To Be a Leader
What you supply today is not what will be in demand tomorrow. You need to know where you are before you can compete and collaborate. You need to own your own competition. Cannibalize your own business. Those who cannibalize are the ones that actually evolve, succeed, and sustain themselves.
Ghela suggested I interview Julia Streets, Founder and CEO of Streets Consulting. So Julia, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Ghela Boskovich.
Cool things about Ghela
- She was named one of Brummel Magazine’s 2016 30 Inspirational Women Innovators.
- She was named one of the Top 50 RegTech Influencers by Planet Compliance, 2017 & 2018.
- She is also Head of Fintech/Regtech Partnerships at Rainmaking, home of Startupbootcamp.