Christina Hawkins, GlobalSpex – Model the Masters – InnovaBuzz 124
Model the Masters – Christina Hawkins, GlobalSpex Internet Marketing
In this episode of Model the Masters, we feature Christina Hawkins of GlobalSpex Internet Marketing. We explore with Christina the topic of Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market, and find out what values, beliefs and strategies are important to Christina in being a master at Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market.
Christina is the founder of GlobalSpex Internet Marketing which provides a variety of digital marketing solutions to small business owners. Her customers are typically in engineering, energy and healthcare. Since 1999, she has been designing and building exceptional websites and now has four virtual contractors based in Argentina, India, and two in the US.
Listen to the Podcast to find out what is important to Christina Hawkins about Delivering Your Message to Your Target MarketThere is no way that you can target everybody. Narrow your focus to a particular niche, and then tailor your message using the language that your customers have. @GlobalSpex Christina Hawkins on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Christina Hawkins of GlobalSpex
Values related to Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market:
- Service – helping customers understand that there is a better way and guiding them through the process
- Continuous improvement – constant revision and re-evaluation
- Empathy – listen and understand the customer’s problems
- Taking action
- Be fearless – when communicating your value you can’t be more specific. Always drill down further. Go wide and go deep.
Beliefs related to Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market:
- I am here to help.
- Marketing is a process. What made you so great the first time might not be the right thing. It is never a done and done thing. It is a constant re-evaluation of your own worth, purpose and values.
- The more you are able to understand your customers’ problems, the better you can articulate your value and the better you can communicate with them.
- There is no way that you can target everybody. Narrow your focus to a particular niche, and then tailor your message using the language that your customers have.
- You will have a better budget if you can be more specific about who your target market is. You will have better conversion because you can do it easier.
- Things are always changing. When delivering the message and communicating to your target market, know that just as you build your business, there is an iteration in that as well. Constant improvement is key.
- Abundance – there is plenty for everyone and we can work to win-win-win.
Strategies related to Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market:
- Doing a lot of research. Constantly learning what is going on in my industry.
- Reaching out via LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter – providing value as somebody who knows what they are talking about.
- Writing my own articles and sharing them to specific industries.
- Email marketing and list segmentation – to keep in touch and provide value education (once a month on average).
- Having an overall look of what I do. I look at my social media and check who has liked to, who has commented, who has shared certain things and filling out estimated requests as who gets converted.
- Using UTM’s (Urchin Tracking Module) to track URL’s.
- Using Loom screen recorder to show my clients what we have done so they can better understand it.
- Knowing who to talk to and where to talk to them.
Model the Masters – Exceptions Round
Here are Christina’s answers to the questions of our Exceptions round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- What behaviour do you DO to be great at Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market? – Listening. Reminding myself to be quiet and let the customer talk, and then confirming what they have said. A big change I’ve done in my own business is video conferencing to have face to face conversation with most of my customers so there is personalisation.
- What are your 3 top beliefs for excelling at Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market?
- Being helpful – sharing what I have learned with other people.
- Constant iteration – it is never done, it is never perfect. I remind myself to just do it and get it out there and iterate.
- Be patient but don’t wait for perfection. Just do what you can and learn from others. Share what you know and it will naturally grow from there. Your business will grow as you share what you know.
- What is the key difference that makes THE DIFFERENCE for you Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market? – I am really good at if there is a problem, I find a solution. If somebody calls and there is a problem, I will find an answer. It may not be coming from me, but I can certainly stear you in the right direction. It may not be the best answer, but it is an answer and we are going to iterate from there and we will tweak it. So I think definitely what makes me stand out is problem solving.
Christina nominated Jamie Hill, a Business Growth Strategist and owner of iNovate Marketing as someone that she admires in Delivering Your Message to Your Target Market.
- GlobalSpex Website
- Twitter – @GlobalSpex
- LinkedIn – Christina Hawkins
- Complete Guide to UTM Codes
- Loom Screen Recorder