Chris Jankulovski, Having a Successful and Purposeful Life – InnovaBuzz 278
Chris Jankulovski, Remote Staff
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Chris Jankulovski, Founder of Remote Staff™. Established in 2007 after a visit to the Philippines, Remote Staff™ provides offshore recruiting solutions to a variety of SME’s and has expanded to a team of 70 in-house staff. The company has placed 8000+ professionals and helped support the growth of more than 2000 businesses all over the world.
Chris’ story is truly inspiring. He struggled with dyslexia throughout his childhood and didn’t learn to read until he was 24. He has survived cancer and multiple major surgeries, and deals with a hereditary condition which makes him prone to recurring tumours. None of this has stopped him.
Realising how short life is, Chris saw no other option but to make every second count and relentlessly chase his dreams, showing no signs of slowing down.
In our discussion, Chris and I talked about:
- How your mindset is a reflection of everything around you
- His personal transformation and leadership transformation
- The importance of building a strong and resilient mindset – a mindset of transformation
Rob Rawson in episode 257 introduced us to Chris.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastIt doesn't matter how much time you have left. What matters is how you live and how you choose to live now. @ChrisJankulovsk on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Chris Jankulovski of Remote Staff
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- We all have a career challenge in our lives, and often it is discovering who we really are and how our time in this world is going to be.
- Do something meaningful that can help make an impact.
- Money does not meet all satisfaction all the time.
- Entrepreneurship is a mindset.
- Innovation comes from our mindset. Your mindset is a reflection of everything around you.
- Be the innovator you’ve always wanted to be.
- When developing and commercialising products, always start with the easy one first.
- Deliver on your promise.
- When creating a course or any training material, think of yourself as the learner and put in things that you think the learner would like to see in your material.
- If you don’t start living the way you want to live right now, you may never get that chance.
- Time is the dictator of life in its biological form. It doesn’t matter how much time you have left. What matters is how you live and how you choose to live now.
- Stop limiting yourself.
- Pay attention to what your mindset assumes to be true. Ask yourself if what you believe in, is really what you should believe.
- One has to learn to love in order to have love in life.
- We don’t really have that much time. Before you know it, your time has passed. You have to commit now and go past that safety zone of not wanting to fail and to go all out.
- Make a pledge to commit that allows you to say “do or die, you will”. When you commit to it, it’s transformational. The world conspires to assist you in making that happen.
- A noble commitment is something that is going to be for others and not just for yourself.
- You are limitless in every way.
- Knowledge is everywhere. Feel free to get help from others.
- Mindset is the number one thing you should be focusing on.
- Without passion and drive, there is no innovation.
- In today’s day and age, companies and businesses are transforming rapidly, and so should your own leadership. It all starts and ends with the almighty YOU.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Chris’ answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Win people. Facilitate and help them. Think about how you can grow your people not by knowledge but through their experiences to develop new practices. Let them think for themselves. Let them grow. Innovation and doing great things is not about what you can do. It’s about what you can do through others.
- Best thing for new ideas – Document your ideas. Speak them out. Communicate and share your ideas.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Having a resilient mindset – a mindset of transformation.
- Keep project / client on track – Having the energy to follow through, to consistently evolve, and to keep the communication flowing.
- Differentiate – Understand your WHY’s and decide that you are going to do something about it.
To Be a Leader
Relax. Don’t worry. Trust in the unknown. Put your trust in this unstable fluid environment you’re in called energy. Let it flow through you.
Chris suggested I interview Paris Cutler, Blue Ocean* Strategist and Life Coach. So Paris, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Chris Jankulovski.
Cool things about Chris
- He’s a graphic designer.
- He’s married to a Filipina and blessed with 2 boys.
- Since 2012, he has lived 3 weeks in Sydney, Australia and 1 week in Makati, Philippines every single month.