Scofray Nana Yaw Yeboah, Being vs Doing: How Self-Acceptance Is Key to Transformation – InnovaBuzz 492
Scofray Nana Yaw Yeboah, Zoweh Global Consult
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Scofray Nana Yaw Yeboah, Transformational Coach, Professional Corporate Trainer, Editor of Golden City Business Magazine, Media Analyst & Author, and Lead Consultant & Facilitator for Zoweh Global Consult.
Scofray is listed in Most Influential Young Ghanaian in 2015 & 2016, and in the Top 100 speakers in Ghana 2019. He has published over 70 articles in print and online media such as Leadership Magazine (South Africa) and The Huffington Post and is a regular face and voice in the Ghanaian and South African media space.
In our discussion, Scofray talked to me about:
- Why a focus on BEING is more important than a focus on doing
- Reframing a sale as a value exchange
- Self-acceptance and going beyond what history might define where you can go
Lynn Howard in episode 467 introduced us to Scofray.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastBeing mindful means looking at your state of being. It is being present to be aware. @Scofray on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Scofray Nana Yaw Yeboah of Zoweh Global Consult
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- We’re not here by accident. Our lives are interlocked with the betterment of other people.
- Ontology is a study that looks at the beingness of all things.
- Your humannes is not a designation. It is how you experience who you are and how that reflects in the things you say and do.
- Our beingness is a trifecta of our mind, body, and soul. It means to fully function as a human being. Whoever and whatever you are is connected with everything else around you.
- Ecology stands for connectedness. Whoever you are, wherever you are, and whatever you do create a ripple effect in the universe. How you relate, connect, and associate yourself with the people and things around you create an abundance of what you bring to the table.
- Being mindful means looking at your state of being. It is being present to be aware.
- Mindfulness creates an awareness of what is possible. It is having the ability to see through opportunities.
- A coach helps trigger your conscious mind so that you can begin to observe your unconscious mind.
- When we become fully aware of our being, it triggers certain actions that produce our habits.
- The way you relate and connect with your environment has a huge impact on everything and everyone around you.
- To be a top notch executive, you need to have mental stability as well as relatedness in your heart and allow your intuition to suffice when the need arises.
- The mind is more than just the brain. It has its own language and things that it holds that are the same with our hearts.
- Your entire body is part of who you are.
- If you’re selling something, it’s important to identify how your product or service will play in your customer’s life to help them achieve more.
- Know what your product is supposed to mean to your target audience. Don’t just sell to a human. Start selling to the beingness of that human so that you’ll know how to tailor your product service to who they are.
- Selling is a value exchange. It is something that goes deeper into someone’s heart, not just a product or service.
- A value is not a price. It’s not about how much a product costs, it’s the value behind that product and how it resonates with your target audience.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Scofray’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Innovation is not a thing. Innovation is what you give off.
- Best thing for new ideas – Create a niche.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Mindfulness and meditation, quality songs and movies, reading, being with like-minded people.
- Keep project/client on track – Have deep rapport with your clients. Be highly and intutively connected to them.
- Differentiate – Self-acceptance. Embrace yourself and fall in love with you.
To Be a Leader
Make a conscious effort to take care of your mental wellbeing.
You can reach out and thank Scofray through their website.
Scofray suggested we have a conversation with Bernard Kelvin Clive. So Bernard, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Scofray Nana Yaw Yeboah.
Cool Things About Scofray
- He holds an Advanced Diploma in Leadership Studies – Institute of Commercial Management, and a Graduate Diploma in Management Studies.
- He has authored four books, namely Christian Corporate Model, Branding 360°, Transformational Pearls, Art of Life.
- He was inducted into Crans Montana Forum New Leaders for Tomorrow in March 2019.