Rytis Lauris, Omnisend – InnovaBuzz 180
Rytis Lauris, Omnisend
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Rytis Lauris, Co-founder and CEO of Omnisend, the all-in-one e-commerce marketing automation platform that helps you sell more by converting your visitors and retaining your customers. Reach your customers with personalized messages using their powerful automation workflows and boost your sales.
In our discussion, Rytis talked to me about
- Customer-centric marketing, based on customer behaviour
- Adapting your communications with customers, based on where they are in the customer journey
- Building customer feedback loops and deeply understanding customer needs as a core pillar of innovation
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastMarketing should go from being campaign-centric to being customer-centric. One that is really based on the customer behaviour and profile. @RytisLauris on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Rytis Lauris of Omnisend
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Omnichannel marketing is the future.
- Marketing should go from being campaign-centric to being customer-centric. One that is really based on customer
behaviourand profile. profile is more important than demographic profile. Behavioural
- Omnichannel marketing makes marketing more conversational.
- Having a huge inactive database is of no value at all. It is important to grow your list and acquire new subscribers on a consistent basis but at the same time, it is also important to keep your list clean and fresh and relevant.
- The golden rule in marketing is to deliver what you promised.
- Incentives and prizes are key to running campaigns to collect subscribers and acquire new ones.
- Customer journey and customer centricity are very important. It helps you interact with the customer at the different stages of the life cycle.
- The 5 key stages of the e-commerce customer journey.
- Anonymous person/visitor
- Buying customer
- Repeat buyer
- Behavioural data is more accurate and effective. It creates real relevance.
- Having a customised workflow really gets the best results because it is done based on the specifics of the business. It reflects the needs of the business and the customers of that specific business.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Rytis’ answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Creating a culture of innovation and having the tolerance for failure.
- Best thing for new ideas – Managing a culture of innovation. Talking to your customers and Google trends analysis.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Customer feedback loop and having an agile culture.
- Keep project / client on track – Constant feedback and updates. Being able to identify if something is wrong very early on. The earlier you identify the problems and risks, the more time you have to make adjustments.
- Differentiate – Listen to the customers’ needs and reflect them in your product, in your marketing, and in your branding.
To Be a Leader
Talk to your customers. Listen to your customers. Find their pain and help them solve that pain.
Rytis suggested I interview Andrus
Cool things about Rytis
- He started his first business when he was 22 years old.
- He speaks Lithuanian and sometimes Russian.
- He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from the Vilniaus Universitetas.