Patty Dominguez, Positioning Your Business Uniquely and Prolifically – InnovaBuzz 287
Patty Dominguez, Positioning to Profit
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Patty Dominguez a business growth strategist and brand positioning expert. Patty helps small business owners achieve “Category of One” status through the power of Prolific Positioning. She is passionate and driven to inspire her clients to discover their uniqueness in the marketplace, leverage strategies for their business growth so they can establish a strong value proposition, increased revenues and a better position in their niche.
In our discussion, Patty and I talked about:
- Her positioning to profit framework that involves both external as well as internal elements
- Why mindset is so important to how we position ourselves
- How your business results will always meet your identity
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastMindset is more important than what you know. @PattyDominguez_ on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Patty Dominguez of Positioning to Profit
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Positioning is important.
- Everything is a system.
- An employee mindset and an entrepreneur mindset are two different things.
- Mindset is more important than what you know.
- Your business results will always meet your identity.
- Work from the place of who you are being. It is where the opportunity lies.
- When you have the right kind of positioning and foundational pillars in place, you can ensure that you have the strongest probability of showing up in a unique space.
- Positioning to profit is a framework. It has both an internal and external framework.
- If you don’t have the identity of somebody that can stand uniquely, boldly, and unabashedly as you truly are, you are sabotaging yourself.
- Confront the reality. Don’t hide. Don’t feel shame and fear because that doesn’t do anything but give you more shame and fear. Shame and fear are very low vibrations. You can neutralise and remove these emotions.
- Nothing has any meaning but the meaning we give it.
- Hypnosis is all about tapping into the power of the subconscious to claim more personal power. You are in control of your will and you’re at the helm of your conscious and subconscious.
- It is not true that the harder your work the more money you can have. Create systems for your business that will allow you to scale your time. Work smarter.
- There’s a way that you do what you do in a way that nobody else does. Walk through that process to find that differentiation.
- Craft your experiences and find your uniqueness in a specific way because nobody can do it the way you do it.
- You have to know the intrinsic value of what you do. What makes you special is usually rooted in your personal experiences.
- Start with the rational value of what you do. Layer in your experiences and then craft a framework that you can use and own. Put in some magic.
- It all starts with having a very deep understanding of who it is that you are serving. When you can understand your premium prospects behaviourally, you can meet them where they’re at.
- Always anchor back to your promise so that people will know what you stand for. People follow you because it’s you. They buy from you because it’s you. They want the transformation but they will create that brand loyalty because of who you are.
- Connecting at an emotional level is important.
- The things that you are most embarrassed and fearful about are the raw and real stuff that resonates and connects.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Patty’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Don’t be fearful. It’s not failure. It’s just feedback.
- Best thing for new ideas – Be quiet and be in the stillness. Finding some quiet time is where you’ll get the best ideas.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Podcasts, Stitcher
- Keep project/client on track – Have mutual accountability.
- Differentiate – Focus on the things that make you special. There is only one YOU. Deep dive and figure out what is it that makes you, YOU, and do more of the YOU that makes you, YOU.
To Be a Leader
If you read 10 pages a day of any book, that is equivalent to 10 to 12 books in year. In those 10 to 12 books that you’ve read in a year on a specific subject or theme, you can really catapult yourself into the expertise level of understanding. Something as simple as 10 pages a day is fundamentally a game-changer.
You can reach out and thank Patty through her website.
Patty suggested I interview Curt Maly, Facebook Ads Expert. So Curt, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Patty Dominguez.
- Website – Patty Dominguez
- Website – Mighty Real Media
- Positioning to Profit Podcast
- Boss Free Society Podcast
- Twitter – @PattyDominguez_
Discover your positioning to profit quotient. Get your personalised report here!
Cool things about Patty
- She cannot go through the day without her bulletproof coffee and morning hypnosis.
- Her iPhone playlist includes Amy Winehouse, Sabrina Claudio, Nao, Beyonce, Sade, Coldplay, Julieta Venegas, Morrissey, Bush, Disclosure, Bell Biv DeVoe.
- She loves to travel and experience new cultures.