Mary-Anne Frank, Practicing a Brilliant Way to Be Human – InnovaBuzz 149
Mary-Anne Frank, Practicing a Brilliant Way to Be Human
In this episode, I’m really excited to have on the InnovaBuzz podcast as my guest, Mary-Anne Frank, who is a leadership coach, author of 3 books, podcaster, a speaker and a self-described teacher and eternal student.
Mary-Anne works with individuals and organizations to help them succeed in all areas of their life. She believes that success is an inside job and everyone deserves to be happy and prosper.
In our discussion, Mary-Anne talked to me about:
- Emotional Intelligence, what it is and what impact it has on success in all aspects of life
- How to increase our own self-awareness, to focus attention on the right things and
- Learning how to ignite your own super-hero in her self-discovery workshop entitled
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Mary-Anne Frank, EQ Success Coach
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- If you do not have enough self-awareness, then you are powerless.
- The importance of emotional intelligence is really tapping into who you are, how you can embody and live this life to your full potential, and do what really makes your heart sing.
- The smartest people have the lowest emotional intelligence, which means they have the lowest self-awareness. Somebody with high emotional intelligence has very high self-awareness. They are conscious of their adequacies and their limitations. They know they are no better than anybody else and that we are all equal.
- Someone with high emotional intelligence has the ability to self-motivate. They understand their values and align with their values. That is where their creative expression comes from.
- Someone with high emotional intelligence takes responsibility for their behaviour and what their reality is creating because they have the ability to become response-able.
- If you want your leadership to be empowered from that emotional intelligence place, you’ve really got to sit down and ask them what sort of attributes does a leader have, what behaviour do they adapt to do these attributes, and how are you going to put a strategy in place in order to take responsibility for that.
- The biggest mistake leaders make is they tell. Resistance comes from control. The more a leader tries to control, the more that their company will be in trouble.
- Be essentially valuable.
- The opposite of control is to let go and to trust. That is where courage comes from, to trust that you will be OK, to trust that you will get through it and to trust that you are capable of achieving it. Trust is the essence of courage.
- The bigger the trauma, the higher the mastery.
- Self-inquiry is the key to emotional intelligence. It is the key to self-awareness. The other key component is attention training.
- If you want to be a successful business person, let go of the need to be taken care of.
- It is really important that we give our attention to ourselves to make our own life. We have to nurture and nourish ourselves to feel safe, invaluable and prosper.
- Mary-Anne’s self-discovery workshop, “Practicing a Brilliant to Be Human” is a one-day intensive workshop where she brings together all of her top amazing emotional intelligence tools and mind filtering system that will inspire you to be self-motivated and live your life to your full potential. The event will be held on Sunday, January 13, 2019 at the Shambhala Centre in Melbourne.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Mary-Anne’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Increase your self-awareness. The more you can increase your self-awareness, the more creative inspiration will come through
- Best thing for new ideas – Learning and Personal Development
- Favourite tool for innovation – EFT – Emotional Freedom Tapping
- Keep project / client on track – Empowering client. Make sure that they have ability to respond.
- Differentiate – Stop making it about you. Ask questions.
To Be A Leader
Surround yourself with people who are better than you. Get out of your ego and ask for help as well.
Mary-Anne suggested I interview Simon Sinek, best-selling author of “Start With Why”. So Simon, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Mary-Anne Frank.
Would you like to live to your full potential? Register now for “Practicing a Brilliant Way to Be Human”.
Cool things about Mary-Anne
- She’s been coaching for 20 years now.
- She is a qualified Neuro Semantics, NLP and EFT Practitioner, Sales Expert and Business Coach.
- She is the author of three books, and has had her own radio show.