Lisa Johnson, How to Create Passive Income Streams in Your Business – InnovaBuzz 364
Lisa Johnson, Passive Income Queen
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Lisa Johnson, who is a 7-figure business coach, specialising in helping entrepreneurs scale their businesses using passive income from memberships and courses.
After a tough childhood spent in social housing, Lisa went on to have successful careers in law, banking, and the entertainment industry. Her background in overcoming obstacles has helped mould her into a bold, straight-talking coach, who is never afraid to be an authentic and outspoken truth-teller. She has spoken on the BBC’s Women’s Hour and is a Thrive Global Contributor. She has been featured in national newspapers and magazines including Psychologies, The Guardian, and Forbes. Lisa lives in the UK and coaches and travels all around the globe.
In our discussion, Lisa talked to me about:
- How getting really clear about her dream customer totally transformed her business
- How Lisa transitioned her business to be focused on leveraged income
- The difference between courses, memberships, and group programs
Natasha Vorompiova in episode 311 introduced us to Lisa.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Lisa Johnson, The Passive Income Queen
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- If you care about the results, you will do everything you can to help get your clients those results.
- Profit follows passion.
- Passive income is leveraging your time, skills, and knowledge. It’s a scalable way of doing things. It is a business model.
- Your time is precious.
- Be honest about the things that don’t work as well as those that do.
- People don’t buy programs for knowledge. They buy it for the step-by-step support, accountability, and all the things that come with it.
- People don’t care about what they are getting. They care about how it will solve their problem. If you can demonstrate that well, they will definitely buy it.
- Don’t just sell something to your ideal client. Listen to what your ideal client wants to buy and create that.
- Membership is all about community.
- The percentage of people that buy from you are more likely to come from people who have already bought from you once.
- The CASsH System:
- Client – know your ideal client, who do you want to serve? Even if your passive income stream has nothing to do with your main business, you still need to know your ideal client for it as much as you do for your main business.
- Audience – grow your audience and nurture them.
- Structures and Systems – identify which systems are you going to use and the structure of how you are going to do something.
- Selling – launching your product/service. Launching is a strategy. It’s a 6-12 weeks process. Sell it first and write as you go along.
- Happiness – keeping your clients happy
- You can only sell something based on other people’s testimonials. If you don’t want to pay for ads, you need those people to show up for you everywhere.
- Passive income takes time and effort. It is not a get rich quick scheme.
- There has to be more of YOU. Personal outreach is a big thing. People want to speak or at least have access to the person they are buying from and who will be teaching them. Launching is a mix of automation plus you.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Lisa’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Stop looking at everybody else and start thinking about how you would like to do things. Leverage the things you are best at. Create a blueprint and make it yours.
- Best thing for new ideas – Asking your audience what they want.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Asana.
- Keep project/client on track – Accountability huddles. Put them into smaller groups and have somebody who has already done the program lead the group.
- Differentiate – Be more YOU. People buy from people they like and can relate to. Be more open with your audience about what you believe in.
To Be a Leader
Start with how you want your life to look like before you start planning your business. Don’t fall into having a business that doesn’t support the lifestyle that you really want.
You can reach out and thank Lisa through her website.
Lisa suggested we have a conversation with Sales Coach and Strategist, Jade Jemma and Catherine Morgan, Founder of The Money Panel. So Jade and Catherine, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Lisa Johnson.
Cool Things About Lisa
- She lives in Hertfordshire, England with her twin boys.
- She’s been featured in BBC, Red Magazine, The Guardian, Forbes, and Psychologies.
- She studied law.
Start with how you want your life to look like before you start planning your business. Don't fall into having a business that doesn't support the lifestyle that you really want. @LisajCoaching on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet