Kitty Parker, Listening with Empathy – InnovaBuzz 339
Kitty Parker, Kitty & Miles Buyers Agency
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Kitty Parker of the Kitty & Miles Buyers Agency. Kitty is a trained psychologist that bought property in her spare time and when people asked her to help them buy property because she was good at it, she started her Buyers Agency. Within her first 12 months of operation, she has achieved a multiple 6 figure revenue and was a finalist in the real estate industry awards. She puts these achievements down to providing her clients with exceptional customer service and being highly skilled at property market data analysis and extracting insights from that data.
In our discussion, Kitty and I talked about:
- Her process of serving her clients which begins with listening to their story with empathy
- Why being data driven is important in any business and how to adapt to rapidly changing data
- Her principle of finding pain points of her clients and filling their needs
Paris Cutler in episode 291 introduced us to Kitty.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastPeople want real. They want to know who you are. They want to know your personal brand. That brand doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be real. @Kitty_and_Miles on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Kitty Parker of Kitty & Miles Buyers Agency
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- A buyers agent is someone who squarely advocates on behalf of a property buyer in the purchase of a property and helps them through the process from sourcing the property through negotiation and reaching a settlement.
- There is always an emotional attachment involved when making a purchase.
- The biggest mistake that people make when buying a property is looking at the media and assuming that the media’s take on the property market is factual. The media has their own agenda. They won’t provide accurate property buying data and information.
- Access more real-time and current metrics to really get a solid picture of what is going on at present in the property market.
- The property market usually does not follow the global economic climate. It’s important to source data from multiple avenues and piece that together to realistically determine what is going on.
- People’s emotions are the absolute precursor to the actions they take. These actions then determine what will happen in the property market.
- Allow your potential clients to share their stories in order to better understand what they are looking to achieve. Provide them with some basic tips, guidance, and recommendations to help tangibly form that story into something they can progress with.
- Listen to your customers. Let them speak about their experiences, what their pain points are, and what they are hoping to achieve.
- It’s not about having a solution-based conversation. Allowing people to share their experiences is what creates real engagement. Listen to them and help them fine-tune some of their stories of what they are hoping to achieve.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your potential clients difficult questions such as why they want to achieve that outcome and why is it important to them. This type of engagement builds trust and it lets your potential clients know that you really care about their journey.
- Having a good conversation helps make the sale without attempting to sell.
- Have confidence in your ability and allow your clients to explore and check on other people. Allow them to choose the person that resonates with them. People want to work with people they feel they are connected to. Sometimes it would be you, sometimes it will not be you, and that’s perfectly OK.
- Communicate every step of the way with your clients, and provide them with updates on the upcoming process. Let them know what to expect.
- It’s important to know that whilst you may be an expert in whatever field you are in, your customers are not. They have no idea of what’s coming, and that creates fear and uncertainty even if you as the expert are doing a great job. Advising your clients of what to expect helps them breathe easily along the journey. It also helps the process be more efficient.
- The more information you give to your clients, the less there will be obstacles along the way.
- The best way to market your business is with honesty, authenticity, and integrity.
- Be true to your story and who you really are.
- Honestly knowing who you are, is what gives you a unique point of difference in your business.
- People want real. They want to know who you are. They want to know your personal brand. That brand doesn’t have to be perfect. It just has to be real.
- If people follow you on social media, make sure that there is continuity in your brand.
- Being confident enough in your own skin and knowing your greatest points and limitations are the front runners for success.
- Just be YOU. Keep your brand as close to you as possible. That is the foundation of a winning formula in business.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Kitty’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Know who you are. You have to know who you are before you can start anything else.
- Best thing for new ideas – Listen to your clients and fill in the gaps of what they are after.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Mindfulness.
- Keep project/client on track – Listen to your clients and meet their needs not yours.
- Differentiate – Understand your personal brand. Understand your personal brand story and use that as seeds of growth in your business. Once you understand your true authentic personal brand, everything that you do thereafter becomes a another piece to that personal brand puzzle that when put together really creates a synergetic business model for your customer base.
To Be a Leader
Make that move. Just do it. Take action. It doesn’t matter whether you succeed or fail. It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose. It’s about partaking in the game.
Kitty suggested we have a conversation with Kim Alfeldi of the Show Off Agency. So Kim, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Kitty Parker.
Cool Things About Kitty
- She was awarded a prestigious University of New South Wales Scientia PhD Scholarship for doctoral research on management in organisations.
- She is an avid pet rescuer and currently houses seven rescue cats.
- She’s known to try her hand at scented soy candle making and baking paleo treats.