Kelly Rattanee, How to Build an Inclusive Culture That Empowers Everyone – InnovaBuzz 491
Kelly Rattanee, The Power of a Woman’s Pleasure
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Kelly Rattanee, founder of The Power of a Woman’s Pleasure, with a purpose of guiding women into healing and empowering their feminine energy to live with more pleasure, passion, and prosperity. A world-renowned executive coach, Reiki Master, and Shamanic Healer, she is a fierce advocate of women empowerment worldwide.
In our discussion, Kelly talked to me about:
- Embracing ourselves for who we are, regardless of external expectations
- Changing the patriarchal attitudes in business and marketing
- Building a culture that allows everyone to bring their best
Lynn Howard in episode 467 introduced us to Kelly.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Kelly Rattanee, Founder of The Power of a Woman’s Pleasure
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Pleasure is our birthright. We don’t always have to be struggling, trying, and doing things for others. We’re allowed to sit back and enjoy what it is that we are working towards.
- We are all invited to look at our roles in the world.
- Empowerment means bringing the power back to ourselves in the areas of our lives that we don’t have control over.
- Everyone benefits when women are able to live at the full expression of themselves.
- When you get to a place where you feel empowered, don’t forget that there are others in the world that are still needing you to keep that movement going. Remember that there are other people relying on you, not to pressure on you, but to remind you that you are not alone in this journey.
- Sharing is important. Sharing allows us to know that we’re not alone and we’re not meant to be alone.
- It’s OK to stand out but it’s also important to honor and recognise that in our individuality, we also have the opportunity to be collective and support one another through the things that are imperfect to all of us.
- Have good and clear understanding of what health is about. Health is not just green smoothies or running a 10K. Go find someone who can give you a clear scientific understanding about good health metrics that you can go after.
- Stop looking at other people’s bodies. Unfollow men and women that have expectations around their own bodies that don’t match the expectations you have around yours.
- Your body is not an accessory. It doesn’t have to look a certain way. Your body was given to you so that you can experience the world around you. Instead of focusing on how your body should like, focus on having a body that is able to participate in the life that you desire.
- Recognise that your body is always going to evolve. It is going to change. It is never going to maintain the same form and feeling. It’s not supposed to.
- Decide for yourself what beauty is.
- Understand the things you are seeing. You don’t know the whole story about every single thing that a person is doing or not doing in order to get into the place they’re at.
- When you do any kind of exercise from a place of punishment, all the changes that you want to see in your body are never going to happen. Your body itself will change, but your perception of it will not change.
- Be in harmony with your life. The things that you deny yourself often end up to be the things that you can have an unhealthy relationship with. It’s all about being in harmony with what you expect of yourself and just allowing things be.
- Make sure that your actions, your energy, and your words are all in alignment. Even though you may feel very capable and confident, it’s important to be able to communicate those things not just with your voice but with your presence and energy.
- You don’t have to be perfect to be seen, accepted, and be in a place of power. Perfection and patriarchy go hand in hand.
- Women need to stop apoligising for being women.
- It’s integral for parents to have an opportunity to be at home to witness the miracle of pregnancy and children.
- A father’s role is no less sacred than a mother’s role. It is not less valuable. Fathers are integral to their children. Both men and women have to let go of any old story they have about child care and whose job that is.
- If women feel financially supported by the companies they are working for and are getting paid as much as men, their transition into motherhood and possibly back into the workforce becomes easier. The same goes with men. If women are not relying solely on their partners for financial support, men will also feel less pressured to be the provider.
- Women are no less valuable at different phases of their lives. They’re not expensive. They’re not disposable when they get pregnant, turn 40, or have wrinkles. Women are not disposable assets.
- When you create a culture that honours, supports, and embodies the transitions that everyone experiences in their lives, you are going to have employees and teammates that strive to give their best whilst also giving their best to themselves.
- You’re the one losing out if you have a company that hires women and don’t give them access to affordable childcare or easy ways for them to integrate motherhood into their profession. They will find something else. They’ll go and create their own business so that they can be with their children and will no longer allow themselves to have to choose between one or the other.
- Women are incredible. Mothers are incredible. But if you make them choose between being a loving mother for themselves and their children, they’re going to choose their children and make their own company.
- Women want to bring their whole selves with them when they’re at the table. They don’t want to have to pick and choose. If you create a culture and environment that allow women more hybrid experience, then you’re more likely able to keep those women.
- Give people the option to participate in their profession and their families that they both love.
- Give women the grace and opportunity to really succeed. In order to do that, you have to be supportive in all areas of their lives.
- Women carry a load of household responsbilities even if they have help. Working from home opens a ton of opportunities for them, but you have remember that she works in her family and her home. It’s important to figure out ways to support her so that she can do those things effectively and feel that she’s still part of the team, that she belongs and that she matters.
- You are cyclical. Your business is cyclical. Your trajectory to success is not a straight line climbing up.
- Success is knowing that nothing is forever. Even when things are really good, there is always a way that they can better.
- Celebrate yourself. Celebrate even the small things. The more comfortable you are talking about the things you are really good at, the more the universe will give the things that you like to have.
- The universe loves content. When you give it guidance for what it is that you’re excited about, you’ll find that you are going to experience more of those things.
- You are either making a decision that is going to move closer to a state of love or further away from it. When making a decision, always take a moment to see how it feels in your body, and then decide which of those feelings feel good.
- When you make a decision out of fear, you are never going to make a decision that will honor you.
- Know what you want and find time for yourself. Everything is an opportunity to be in touch with yourself if you set your attention to it.
- Intuition means coming back to yourself. Find ways to create a ritual or routine that will allow you to come back to yoursel into your body and out of your head. Allow yourself to be in the state of openness and listen to your intuition.
- You are never going to miss out on anything that is destined for you. The only thing that will cause a delay in those things is if you’re too busy in your head, thinking too much about how to set boundaries, and being too sworn in the expectation of society.
- When you commit to making time for yourself to be in a state a of joy, that’s when you are going to allow those messages to come through and be able to act upon them.
Celebrate yourself. Celebrate even the small things. The more comfortable you are talking about the things you are good at, the more the universe will give the things that you like to have. Kelly Rattanee on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Kelly’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Recognise that nothing is permanent. Allow yourself and your business to naturally evolve. Don’t get too hung up on the things that worked in the past thinking that they are the same things that will work for you in the future.
- Best thing for new ideas – Slow down. Learn to say NO without an apology. Stop doing things that don’t really matter to you. Break up with the word “should” and allow yourself to slow down into the things that you really like doing. Slowing down gives you the space to be more creative, innovative, and impactful. The more things you say NO to, the more space you have to welcome new things.
- Favourite tool for innovation – My intution and community.
- Keep project/client on track – Let them know and experience the highest vision of themselves. Remind them that they are made in the likeness of the universe and invite them to experience that. Treat yourself in accordance to those things so that every time you’re communicating with them, you are projecting that energy to them.
- Differentiate – Own your story. Own the whole magnificence of you. Take the time to honor and really put those things into a state of reverence. The world needs YOU. Make sure you are in love with whole process of what got you to the place you’re in now.
To Be a Leader
Start acting like you deserve the life you are longing for. The desires that you have are not by accident. They are all the things that are available to you as long as you are open to receiving them. So act as if you already have those things. Act in accordance with what is that you are trying to create for yourself and let go of the things that don’t belong to you.
You can reach out and thank Kelly through her website.
Kelly suggested we have a conversation with Graphic Designer, Vanessa Ooms. So Vanessa, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Kelly Rattanee.
Cool Things About Kelly
- She’s a Reiki Master and Shamanic Healer.
- Her work is a powerful combination of coaching and shamanic healing.
- When she’s not working, you’ll find her travelling between her home in Canada and Thailand, where her husband’s family roots are or getting silly in the park with her sweet little girl.
Own your story. Own the whole magnificence of you because the world needs YOU. Make sure you are in love with the whole process of what got you to the place you're in now. Kelly Rattanee on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet