Gigi Bisong, Lit By Miracles – InnovaBuzz 112
Gigi Bisong, Lit By Miracles
In this episode, I’m honoured to welcome to the InnovaBuzz Podcast today, Gigi Bisong of Lit by Miracles. She is a transformational speaker and a coach who helps youth, women, and those in life transition to understand their given purpose so that they can live fully each day.
Gigi Bisong co-authored the book “20 Beautiful Women: 20 More Stories That Will Heal Your Soul, Ignite Your Passion And Inspire Your Divine Purpose”. The book is a collection of personal short stories from 20 more authors, speakers, and life coaches bonding together for the common goal of sisterhood, and to transform women from the inside out.
Her business partner, Michael Mapes on Episode 105 suggested we interview Gigi.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.Know your audience. Bring in something that they can really remember and connect with their personal lives. @litbymiracles Gigi Bisong on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Gigi Bisong of Lit by Miracles
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- Gigi Bisong wrote Chapter 4 entitled “Miracles” in the book “20 Beautiful Women”, a collection of personal short stories of women who are all coming from different walks of life, different countries and different backgrounds, but all have something in common. They are women who are looking into becoming lightworkers and those who are sharing their gift with others to be a part of saving the world in some shape or form. These women are sharing their stories with such authenticity and vulnerability.
- “20 Beautiful Women” is more than just a book. It’s a sisterhood, a community, a place where these women not just write and share their stories. They get together once a year to connect, collaborate, share and celebrate one another.
- Gigi wanted to use her coaching skills and the work she learned in terms of really tapping each person’s unique genius zone and bring that to young people. She works with young people, with teachers and with parents, hence has influence at all levels.
- To be a teacher is a really tough job – to mold, shape and educate kids who are coming from so many different areas.
- There is a desire inside young people about really wanting more or knowing that there is more out there, more truth. The moment you tap into that, it seems that they are very eager, very open and very much able to understand it.
- For every presentation, really know your audience. Bring in something that they can really remember and connect with their personal lives.
- The LOL presentation framework: Limiting belief, Other people’s maps, Labels.
- Create an experience for your audience that they can dive in and experience what it feels like to have some limiting beliefs and what that could cost them. Then we remove each limiting belief.
- Always try to have at least three points that you are trying to make in a presentation and then use your stories and experiences to make people feel engaged. Have a lot of room to adapt the presentation to the audience and their reaction, because the best presentations are those that give space to connect with the audience. Having a well structured presentation gives you the ability to adapt the presentation to the situation and the audience and makes sure that you’re getting that engagement.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Gigi’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Create a space in your life. If there is too much stuff happening or too much stuff to do, there is little room for creativity. We can only connect with the things outside of us as deeply as we connect with ourselves. Have a space to feel, a space to be, and a space to let your imagination go.
- Best thing for new ideas – Have a very open mind. Be curious. Make notes and take pictures of things that are interesting. With all of those things together comes ideas. Innovation comes from bringing things together that don’t really go together.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Meditation and journaling. The best ideas come through meditation. Praying is like asking the question. Meditation is giving you the energy and space to hear the answer. The writing is the answer.
- Keep project / client on track – Regular checks and adjustments. Move the project from where it is to where you want it to go. Have an end tracker in mind. Get help and delegate.
- Differentiate – Tap into exactly who you are deeper than you’ve ever done before. The moment that you’re not sure of yourself, things will become a struggle. People are attracted to seeing somebody who is fully themselves because that is something that we all deeply desire for our own selves.
To Be a Leader
Trust your process and what’s happening. Get clear on where you’re going and why you’re going there. Have a clear intention as to what it is that you want to do, what kind of impact do you want to bring, and then give yourself forgiveness and acceptance along the way.
Gigi suggested I interview Jamie Greenberg, master of innovation and branding. So Jamie, keep an eye on your inbox, for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Gigi Bisong.
- Gigi Bisong, 20 Beautiful Women – Website
- Facebook – Lit by Miracles
- Twitter – @litbymiracles
- Bisong/Mapes Speaking Agency – Website
- 20 Beautiful Women: 20 More Stories That Will Heal Your Soul, Ignite Your Passion And Inspire Your Divine Purpose
Cool things about Gigi:
- She loves writing since she was little. Writing was her first love.
- Gigi has a background in the fashion industry.
- She got a life coaching certification years prior to the book coming out.