Garreth Chandler, How to Use Technology to Enhance Customer Experiences – InnovaBuzz 494
Garreth Chandler, The Evolved Group
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Garreth Chandler, the Founder and CEO of The Evolved Group, a human insights company that helps enterprises identify opportunities and optimises experiences. In a career spanning 25 years, Garreth has led major innovation projects including developing the Evolved Human Listening platform, which uses AI to engage meaningfully with humans.
His successful career in market research has equipped him with a deep appreciation of human behaviour and he is passionate about using technology to enhance human experiences.
In our discussion, Garreth talked to me about:
- The limitations of traditional surveys
- Asking better and deeper, more insightful questions via Ai powered conversations
- Their transition from a research company to a software company
Michael Haynes in episode 471 introduced us to Garreth.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastMeaningful human engagement is the engine of growth and success. Garreth Chandler @EvolvedThinking on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Garreth Chandler, Founder and CEO of The Evolved Group
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Meaningful human engagement is the engine of growth and success.
- The Evolved Group’s mission is to help brands engage with people in a more positive way that people enjoy doing.
- The Evolved Group’s The HumanListening™ Ai provides meaningful feedback that is guided by what customers want to say rather than being prescriptive in terms of what a company thinks they want to hear them say.
- Organisations deliver a vast array of experiences at a time to different people. It is impossible to catch every nuance of a certain experience that you want to understand and get better at using a traditional survey.
- Conversational Ai allows brands to engage with people on a wide variety of topics. Unlike the usual chatbots that guide an intuitive outcome, conversational Ai invites people to express themselves in the way they want. It’s designed to dynamically listen to people and pick new things up that are not just based on assumptions of the words being stated.
- Conversational Ai provides specific reviews and feedback for organisations that can help them to effectively and efficiently upgrade their processes as well as create new products or services.
- Conversations create a shared understanding between brands and their customers. It gives brands the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with their customers and followers.
- Conversational Ai provides an opportunity for brands to gather deeper insights, engage with people, and build meaningful relationships in a way that has never been possible before.
- There’s a lot you can learn from what people are saying in terms of how they are interacting with your products or services and their experiences.
- Chatbots are pre-canned responses that guide a specific outcome. They never worked well because they’re not really listening.
- The HumanListening™ Ai platform provides an infinite number of outcomes and it will keep asking questions to understand what a person wants.
- Qualitative research is the art of asking open-ended questions.
- Conversational Ai provides information to help business owners create better services and relationships with their customers.
- At the core of every relationship is human behaviour. It is always about people’s emotions, perceptions, beliefs, and experiences.
- Innovation is a team effort. To build a culture of innovation, it’s important for organisations to encourage its people to think about all their different roles and inhabit other people’s experiences.
- You learn so much by watching and trying to understand other people’s workflow and process.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Garreth’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Have the confidence to set a goal and agree to achieve it without knowing how you’re going to do it. Believe in yourself and in your team.
- Best thing for new ideas – Listen to the customer. There’s no better way to understand the problem you are solving than to carefully and methodically listen to what people have to say based on their experiences.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Dog “fooding”. Use your own products (eat your own food); combining email with the Eisenhower method.
- Keep project/client on track – Set clear expectations at the start of the project and keep referring to its scope. Be agile and be able to change the scope as you go.
- Differentiate – Be really good at a limited number of things. Know what you’re really good at and keep repeating it again and again. Avoid the temptation to be moderately good at a lot of different things.
To Be a Leader
Know what you love. Be passionate about it and don’t leave anything on the table. Be brave and just be passionate about what you do.
You can reach out and thank Garreth through their website.
Garreth suggested we have a conversation with Ric Edinberg, US President of The Evolved Group. So Ric, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Garreth Chandler.
- Listen, Innovate, Grow: A Guidebook for Startups and Small Businesses Looking to Acquire and Grow Business Customers