Elle Ballard, The Value of Cross-Cultural Communities – InnovaBuzz 534
Elle Ballard, Women of the World Network
Our guest in this episode is Elle Ballard, a certified Leadership and Personal Brand Coach, best-selling Author, and Speaker and founder of the Women of the World Network, where she is building a legacy of powerful women and making a positive mark in the world to benefit all humanity. When Elle came to the U.S. she had to start everything from scratch while supporting her family at the same time. She completed her MBA in Marketing and built a successful marketing career. She left the corporate world to pursue her true passion of impacting and helping people realize their true potential. Despite all the challenges she faced, she always wanted to maintain her authenticity and who she is, this is a core reason for creating the Women of the World Network. Elle believes in developing diversity-aligned and happy women leaders who then positively impact future generations.
In our conversation Elle talked to me about
- The value in a community of like-minded people where you can share and talk openly about any issues in a safe environment.
- How running virtual meetings online has enabled rapid geographic growth of the Women of the World Network.
- Why it’s vital to take time away to recharge so you come back to regular activities fully re-charged, re-energized and joyful.
Lynn Howard in episode 467 introduced us to Elle.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastPeople in our society from a different culture have the unique ability to “think” for two cultures and bring additional perspectives. We shouldn’t lose that as they assimilate into our communities. It’s a learning opportunity for all.… Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Elle Ballard, Women of the World Network
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- The mission of the Women of the World Network is to unite different cultures, to connect women from all around the world and assist them in creating independence and a happy lifestyle.
- People in our society from a different culture have the unique ability to “think” for two cultures and bring additional perspectives. We shouldn’t lose that as they assimilate into our communities. It’s a learning opportunity for all.
- Running virtual meetings online has enabled rapid geographic growth of the Women of the World Network.
- There is great value in a community of like-minded people where you can share and talk openly about any issues in a safe environment.
- Sharing games and practices from different cultures can open doors to new opportunities.
- If you love what you do every single day, why would you retire from that? It’s important to be in the right mind space.
- Moving to a different physical location (environment) requires you to challenge many of your old beliefs and change those no longer serving you.
- Life is a constant change! We need to be flexible and adaptable.
- There are things outside of our control that won’t change if we spend a lot of time worrying about them. Accept what’s out of our control and ask how do I make the best situation for myself out of what is there?
- Take time away, to recharge – come back to regular activities fully re-charged, re-energized and joyful.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Elle’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Take the time to do whatever feeds your creativity, whether that’s walking in the mountains, standing next to a tree or whatever it is.
- Best thing for new ideas – Spend quiet time in the mountains, enjoying the quiet, the flora and fauna and quieting my mind.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Spend time on something outside of the day to day of business, that you are passionate about. For me it’s dancing.
- Keep project/client on track – Delegate everything that I’m not the best at.
- Differentiate – Each of us IS different. Embrace your uniqueness.
Pause and take the time to be quiet in the noise of today and find time to ask a question: What is it that I truly want to accomplish here? That will bring a lot of great ideas. And then just build on that and focus on that.
You can reach out and thank Elle through her website and the Women of the World Network website.
- Website – Elle Ballard
- Website – Women of the World Network
- Podcast – Mixed and Melted
- Instagram – @theelleballard
Cool Things About Elle
- She is a speaker and trainer in the John Maxwell Team
- Elle was born in Kazakhstan and has been living in the US since 2002.
- She loves ballroom dancing, coffee and beautiful views.
If you’d like a peek behind the curtain, into how we put together this show, go to innovabiz.co/flywheel where you can access a free gift my team and I made for you – a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Flywheel. We want to give you everything you need to transform YOUR marketing and podcast into a human-centred, relationship focused growth engine.