Desi Bolin, How to Streamline Your Business to Facilitate Rapid Growth – InnovaBuzz 462
Desi Bolin, Virtually Sourced Solutions
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Desi Bolin, the Founder & CEO of Virtually Sourced Solutions LLC, an international SVA consultancy firm with pillars of integrity, quality, service, collaboration, and innovation.
As a published author, course creator, and certification founder, Desi and her team truly put their over 65 specialties to highly-efficient, highly-effective use. With 2 young kids at home (aged 6 & 3), the ability to multitask to get things done is important to Desi and she brings that skill to her clients. Virtually Sourced Solutions focus on relationship-based selling, networking, and collaboration, operating solely on word of mouth & referral. She lives to help others succeed through proven, repeatable scaling & growth.
In our discussion, Desi talked to me about:
- Hiring for culture, values, and mission fit
- Importance of systems and processes
- Building personal connections with marketing tools
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastIt takes a lot of knowledge about how systems work together to create a tool that will take things off a business owner's plate. @VADesireeRoza on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Desi Bolin of Virtually Sourced Solutions
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- It takes a lot of knowledge about how systems work together to create a tool that will actually take things off a business owner’s plate.
- Strategic Virtual Assistants specialise in different things to help business owners. They don’t necessarily do everything. Together with the business owner, they deep dive into really figuring out what they need to scale and grow in a repeatable way.
- It’s important to hire someone with the same mindset and methodology, and holds up to your mission, vision, and values. Having complementary work values is always the best.
- A net promoter score is a super power. A net promoter survey provides quantitative and qualitative data to business owner about what their past and current clients are experiencing. It provides feedback in a way that allows a company to take a step back, listen to what their customers are saying, and take action on it.
- Systems and processes are massively important.
- Get a Customer Relationship Management Tool CRM) to house and keep track of all your communications with your clients, prospects, and collaborative partners.
- Hubspot is one of the most comprehensive CRM tools.
- Lead nurturing is a relationship-based approach to lead generation.
- Always value the human connection.
- A relationship-based approach does take more time, but in the end, is more valuable not only to your business but also to you personally.
- Nothing can replace you reaching out to someone and asking them how they’ve been, how you can support them, and how you can serve them better.
- There’s a lot of tools and resources that can help take away some of your time from other menial tasks that you can put back into the relationship part.
- If you’re going to do email marketing, make sure to make it personal. Use personal identifiers.
- Clear your inbox of repeated emails that are not providing you value, so that you don’t miss important emails from your clients.
- Be happy with who you are. When you pretend to be something you’re not, you become depressed and unhappy, so be who you are unapologetically.
- The world needs you. Everyone in this world has a unique opportunity to impact lives that can be fuelled, fulfilled, and funded through a business. You just have to have the right tools and resources.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Desi’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Stay abreast of the trend. Don’t just come across and bypass it. Dive into it and if it makes sense, continue educating yourself about it.
- Best thing for new ideas – Don’t just let it sit in your mind. Take action.
- Favourite tool for innovation – CRM systems – Hubspot, Veep; Automation tools – Apollo.io, Phrase Express
- Keep project/client on track – Communication. Talk to your people. Figure out where they are and where they want to go, and hold them accountable. Look at yourself as an accountability partner more than just a service provider.
- Differentiate – Be genuine. Be yourself. Be true to who you are and what your passions are. Be honest with yourself and be honest with the world.
To Be a Leader
Figure out who you are, where you want to go, and what your business stands for. Dig deep and figure out what you want in life.
You can reach out and thank Desi through their website.
Desi suggested we have a conversation with Business Strategist, Claire Boscq-Scott. So Claire, keep an eye on your inbox for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, courtesy of Desi Bolin.
Cool Things About Desi
- To date, she’s helped over 200 clients and completed 2,125 projects.
- She’s conversationally fluent in Spanish, and also speaks a little Russian, French, and Italian.
- She’s committed to lifelong education and instill that mindset in her children.