Daniel Hill, Finding Comfort in Being Uncomfortable – InnovaBuzz 551
Daniel Hill, Daniel Hill Coaching
Our guest in this episode is Daniel Hill, life coach, mentor and therapist. Daniel specializes in assisting others, mainly through online video, to master their psychology and their emotional well-being, using tools such as Enneagrams and NLP.
In our conversation Daniel talked to me about
- Finding comfort in uncomfortability of the present moment;
- Creating stillness to bring clarity and a sense of being;
- Recognizing patterns keeping us stuck and changing them.
Riley Jarvis in episode 519 introduced us to Daniel.
Listen to the Podcast
A transformational journey is rarely linear. At a very deep, unconscious level, we'd rather stick with the unpleasant present than to take a chance on the future that we do not yet know. It's important to find comfort in the… Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Daniel Hill, Daniel Hill Coaching
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- When we talk about the “mind”, it’s really our unconscious.
- Our unconscious controls 98% of our lives. The unconscious is the most powerful tool we will handle and it comes without an operating manual.
- When we get stuck, we are stuck in patterns that we know.
- A pattern is like a recipe – if we’ve made one, we can make others.
- We are deleting, generalizing and distorting information all the time, to protect ourselves from overwhelm. That then shapes our world view and beliefs – often we overlook key information.
- A transformational journey is rarely linear. At a very deep, unconscious level, we’d rather stick with the unpleasant present than to take a chance on the future that we do not yet know. It’s important to find comfort in the uncomfortability of the present moment .
- Expressing our desired outcome as a “wish” rather than “want” can release pressure. The “want-get-be” mind wants to force things, but it never gets to be. Creating stillness can bring clarity and a sense of being in the moment.
- Three simple practices to being in the moment are stilling the mind, grounding into the body and opening the heart.
- The more that you are authentically yourself, the more you’ll return to a sense of being from the grind of doing.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Daniel’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- 1 thing to be more innovative – Take the blinkers off and become more focused on the outcome.
- Best thing for new ideas – Constantly learning, particularly from people who have manifested the outcomes I wish to manifest.
- Favourite tool for innovation – The internet.
- Keep project/client on track – Accountability – hand back accountability to the person you are coaching.
- Differentiate – Be the most authentic self you can be. We ARE all different!
If there is something that’s not quite right in your life, then look at how you would like it to be. Go to an outcome of what you wish to experience and be clear on that.
We must take action towards what it is that we wish to get towards, and then we need to notice if we’re getting nearer or further away. We need to be flexible, and when you’re flexible, you are much more likely to be able to work out what it is that you need to do in order to get your outcome.
You can reach out and thank Daniel through LinkedIn and his website.
Daniel suggested we have a conversation with Dr. Justin Marchegiani on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
- Website – Daniel Hill Coaching
- Twitter – @danielhillcoach
- Instagram – @danielhillcoaching
Cool Things About Daniel
- Daniel is a certified EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) practitioner, clinical hypnotherapist and Enneagram Mentor.
- Daniel owns a 325bhp 3.5L V6 replica of a Ferrari 288 GTO
If you’d like a peek behind the curtain, of this show, go to innovabiz.co/flywheel – there you’ll be able to get your very own Digital Token which will give you membership of the Flywheel Nation Community, where you’ll have direct access to our amazing podcast guests, as well as a short audio program that walks you through the entire InnovaBuzz Podcasting Process. We have minted just 30 copies of this digital token so get in quick before they’re snapped up!