Dane Meah, InfoTrust – InnovaBuzz 140
Dane Meah, InfoTrust
In this episode, I welcome to the InnovaBuzz Podcast, Dane Meah, of InfoTrust, a specialised technology partner that creates secure and more productive clients by coupling best-in-class technology with expert support. As the CEO and Co-Founder, Dane is responsible for ensuring InfoTrust creates happy clients with an efficient and secure environment, as well as more time to drive business goals.
In our discussion, Dane talked to me about
- The importance of customer service, “customer love” as InfoTrust calls it, in delivering an exceptional all round customer experience in any business
- How well-documented processes are critical for customer engagement, for elevating the customer experience and keeping projects on track
- The Innovation Station at InfoTrust, and how it contributes to many innovative customer solutions
Daniel Davis on episode 136 introduced us to Dane.
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the Podcast
Show Notes from this episode with Dane Meah of InfoTrust
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- In security, set and forget is not an effective strategy.
- The InfoTrust engagement cycle is about striving and delivering customer love in an ongoing way to elevate the customer experience and deliver high level customer satisfaction.
- Delivering ongoing services is key to any business success. The days of transactional relationships are gone. Customers now demand more than just an invoice from suppliers. Regardless of what industry you’re in, more customer love is demanded across the entire customer journey.
- Three pillars of marketing:
- customer support and onboarding experience
- overall customer experience
- Seek to add value to every point in the customer life cycle.
- The best innovation can simply be a refinement to a customer presentation.
- To be successful, we have to continually evolve and innovate. It can be a way that we can add value to solve the problems of today.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Dane’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – There is no such thing as a bad idea. Encourage and empower your team to solve problems with new ideas, to take on and really start innovating.
- Best thing for new ideas – Involve everyone. Build on each other’s ideas. Collaboration and innovation come together. Having multiple people contribute on the same idea is really a valuable way to get the best idea.
- Favourite tool for innovation – The Innovation Station. We have a board in the office and everyone in the team is encouraged to put any idea no matter how big or small.
- Keep project / client on track – Communication. Setting clear expectations, keeping customers accountable to the plan, regular calls to customers and a clear process for escalations.
- Differentiate – Adding value. Relationships are built on value. The value that we deliver or derive from each other is the foundation for what our business is about.
To Be a Leader
Specialise! As you start to become too broad or as you try to take on too many areas at once, your value proposition weakens. Be an expert. You can broaden but not at the expense of focused expertise.
Dane suggested I interview Drew Alexander, Director of XAM Consulting. So Drew, keep an eye on your inbox, for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Dane Meah.
Cool things about Dane
- He wanted to be a TV presenter when he was a kid.
- He started his own business at the age of 18 selling and trading consumer electronics.
- Prior to InfoTrust, he was an Account Manager Leader at Symantec and was consistently a top sales performer.