Carol Metz Murray, Shift Happens
In this episode, I’m really excited to welcome to the InnovaBuzz podcast, Carol Metz Murray, a Business Empowerment Coach, and Chief Strategist and Engagement Officer of Shift Happens, which helps people walk through all the shifts required to get out of their own way and reach new heights in business and personal growth.
As a Business Empowerment Coach, Carol helps her clients transform their ‘Why” into their “What” to ignite their flame and get to the heart of their motivation. She covers everything from value alignment to narrative conversation. Her strategy implementation shifts mindsets to create the “How” of outer realities.
Joe Da Silva on episode 125 suggested we interview Carol.
Listen to the PodcastShifting creates an opening for different set of goals. @C_Metz on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Carol Metz Murray of Shift Happens
Key points and take-aways from this episode include:
- It is really about truly listening and being right there with the client, hearing what they are talking about or not talking about. Oftentimes, what the client does not say is where their answers are.
- Everybody is unique and different.
- Everyone has a story. The only person holding them back and the only thing holding them back is themselves. That is where the shifting of the inner mindset comes in.
- We are all creative in very different ways.
- One of the benefits of Toastmasters is that you get evaluations from individuals. You get feedback from many different perspectives. You learn a lot about yourself and that helps you move forward.
- Any work we do is operating from the heart which is accompanied by thinking, analyzing and intuition.
- Helping to define strategies for individuals who are not clear about what their goals are, is taking a step back to have look at where their life is at.
- What do you believe are the risks? How will that impact your life? What is the benefit you are getting? Looking at the whole process really does more shifting because it opens up more exploration of the inner being and mindset.
- Shifting creates an opening for different set of goals.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Carol’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Go and have fun. Do something that totally cleans your mind. That allows creativity to come in and ideas that you would not have thought of before it surface.
- Best thing for new ideas – Accepting a challenge to go on a 2 week whitewater river rafting adventure. Getting out of my own way and creating a space for other people around me to come forward with their ideas as well.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Meditation. It helps me to rejuvenate and clear the clutter out of my mind to bring forward thoughts.
- Keep project / client on track – Being firm but fair.
- Differentiate – Be authentic. Walk your own walk, and talk your own talk. Stand in that power and stay with the shift.
To Be a Leader
Have a look at your mindset. Set aside the fear. Have courage to look at who you are and where you want to go, and shift if you have to. Be innovative. See the opportunities where others don’t see them. Step forward. Don’t hold yourself back. Go for it and truly live the life that you are were meant to live.
Carol suggested I interview Ciel Ellis, Founder of The Ellis Institute. So Ciel, keep an eye on your inbox, for an invitation from us to the InnovaBuzz podcast, courtesy of Carol Metz Murray.
Cool things about Carol:
- She wanted to be a teacher when she was a child.
- She holds a Master’s in Public Administration from the University of Southeast Alaska.
- She wrote a chapter for the book “Stepping into Your Vision” on the subject of Listen to Your Inner Voice.