Brad Tornberg, Personal Fitness as an Indicator of Business Fitness – InnovaBuzz 520
Brad Tornberg, E3 Business Consultants
Our guest in this episode is Brad Tornberg, of E3 Business Consultants. Brad has provided consulting, across a range of areas to over 300 clients. His unique experience allows him to oversee the entire management of a client’s technology environment and can evaluate the entire organizational management and structure of the business. Utilizing business process improvement, Brad strives to solve the business issues first and then apply technology to help solve them. His role mandates strong interpersonal skills, technical skills and management skills.
In our conversation Brad talked to me about
- The concept of Business Fitness that enables peak performance for both the business owner and business
- A simple dashboard to keep projects on track
- Using technology to gain insights and data and enable deeper human connection
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastPut yourself first, your health first – you’ll be more productive, creative and the business will benefit. @E3ConsultingInc on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Brad Tornberg, E3 Business Consultants
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- Business Fitness is a metaphor for looking at all of the individual systems of a business. In order for the business body to be functioning at a hundred percent, all of those systems need to be at a hundred percent.
- Business Fitness marries the wellness of the owner or C executive and his employees with a holistic view of the business.
- Improvement opportunities are always in the categories of people, processes or technologies.
- Being disruptive and bringing change to the organization is the hardest thing to manage.
- If the business owner is unhealthy and not focused correctly, the business will be unhealthy.
- Put yourself first, your health first – you’ll be more productive, creative and the business will benefit.
- There is a direct correlation between your health and your success.
- The business owner is the brain of the business and his communication with his team is the central nervous system. If the brain and body are healthy, the communication will be healthy too.
- Business is personal – use technology to enable some of the human interactions in marketing.
- The future of customer service is social media listening – being able to gain insights from social media data to understand customer sentiment and use machine learning to predict insights.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Brad’s answers to the questions of our innovation round. Listen to the conversation to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Question everything, be disruptive. Pursue your passion.
- Best thing for new ideas – Do your research. A lot of reading and questioning.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Harvard Business Review and PC Magazines. Microsoft OneNote and Mindmaps.
- Keep project/client on track – Simplistic project management system and regular status meetings. Four quadrant project dashboard.
- Differentiate – Understand both the operational technical side of your business and the business side.
Always listen, always be open, be kind. AND take time out for a walk, a bike ride, something that takes you away from your business, at the same time gets your blood flowing through the body, the brain thinking and improves your creativity.
You can reach out and thank Brad through his website.
Brad suggested we have a conversation with Ken Tucker of Changescape Web on a future InnovaBuzz Podcast episode.
Cool Things About Brad
- Brad starts every day with a gym session at 4:00 am.
- Brad was the Vice President and Technology Practice Director for BDO Seidman, with responsibility for the startup of the Information Technology Division in the Delaware Valley Region.