Anthony Sarandrea, Attracting Customers Online – InnovaBuzz 281
Anthony Sarandrea, SiteFlood
In this episode, I’m really excited to have as my guest, Anthony Sarandrea, Founder of SiteFlood, who is helping countless companies across the world grow their businesses through a wide array of innovative digital marketing methods. He runs a profitable portfolio of websites ranging from commerce to content blogs, and his award-winning company, SiteFlood, works with businesses of any scope and budget to find the most efficient way to grow their business through analytics, paid search (PPC), SEO, and social media.
In our discussion, Anthony and I talked about:
- Hiring for character over skillset
- How he finds perspective and gratitude from his philanthropic work
- Getting really comfortable with failure, learning from it, and building resilience to bounce back
Listen to the podcast to find out more.
Listen to the PodcastIt is very important that your team lives and breathes your mission and vision as if they own the business themselves. – Anthony Sarandrea on #InnovaBuzz podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes from this episode with Anthony Sarandrea of SiteFlood
Key points and takeaways from this episode include:
- You only have a short amount of time to grab people’s attention and get to trust you quickly.
- Your job online is to disrupt someone’s daily patterns. You need to think really carefully about how you can come in and stand out from all the other noise that people are going to be hit with. Think about what it is that you can do, that is outside the norm that other people are doing.
- Grab everyone’s attention and filter it from there. Drill down to focus on the emotional and psychological components.
- Hire for character over skillset.
- It is very important that your team lives and breathes your mission and vision as if they own the business themselves.
- Think not only about the next big thing but what theoretically could be a better thing for the long term.
- Partner with someone who’s going to be with you through all the waves in business and life in general. Finding someone who’s going to stick with you through those waves is really important.
- Partner with someone who fits your culture in a lot of ways.
- Meet them in person. Shake their hands. Eat with them. Be really interested in their lifestyle.
- Speak to your customers and vendors in a very deep intimate way. Dive deeper than the surface level, to find out what really connects you to them and use that in your marketing, your messaging, and your sales script.
- Entrepreneurs have a tremendous gift of being able to inspire and help those in need.
- Giving back is important. Find your passion and share your talents and abilities in some way.
The Buzz – Our Innovation Round
Here are Anthony’s answers to the questions of our Innovation round. Listen to the interview to get the full scoop.
- #1 thing to be more innovative – Think about your own pain points. The first step to innovating is solving your own problems.
- Best thing for new ideas – Be a disruptor. Innovators get slaughtered. Disruptors conquer and win.
- Favourite tool for innovation – Clarity.fm
- Keep project / client on track – Holding people accountable. Set metrics in place to ensure that you are guiding the project in the right area. Compartmentalise the project.
- Differentiate – Be addicted to failure. Find confidence in failure. Defining success by failure is the number one way to different yourself in a world where success is a high priority.
To Be a Leader
Fail fast. The quicker you fail, the better. Seek out failure and innovate from that.
Cool things about Anthony
- He is consistently featured as one of the top “under 30 year old” entrepreneurs.
- He was featured alongside Snapchat’s founder Evan Spiegel as one of the “Entrepreneurs that are changing the world”.
- He’s a venture mentor at the Arizona State University.